I had my own DR part LOL!

tiitu

Jun 29, 2004
Chareena

Chareena said:
Tiitu:
I think we must seriously think about arranging a dominican evening in Finland.

Yes, we do! As soon as you and your hubby get back from DR, let's start arranging. We really need something to warm us up in the cold winter time.

Oh, how I feel reliefed to hear your stories around the world! Maybe I don't need a therapist after all. And think about all the money saved, to spend next holiday in Dom.Rep. :p

Let's continue doing our silly stuff.

mamichula

Jun 3, 2004
Thank you for the warm welcome

Charlie, I have been lurking on this site since I returned from my very first visit to D.R. in November of 2003. This site has been a great source of information and advice, though there have been many issues discussed here that I have not agreed with as far as the opinions of some members here. But that's what makes the world go round. I have a story about my romance with Puerto Plata and it all began with a young man. Of course, now after alot of heartache and disappointment on my part, I realize that he is probably a sankie. I don't like to think of him as that not because I think I am above being duped but because he comes from a wonderful family, a family that I now consider my own. So even though he is no longer in the picture, I gained a wonderful extended family who I love and who love me. After meeting "my friend" at an AI resort, I returned in Feb. of this year at his invitation and we stayed in Costambar. It was an interesting week, to say the least. I returned again in May foir 12 days and I stayed alone at a hotel in Puerto Plata so I could be closer to the family. I spent every day with them , enjoying the wondeful homemade Dominican meals. I speak to them every week and I was hoping to return one more time this year but finances are prohibiing that. I do intend to return in February and am bringing my 13 yr old granddaughter at the request of my new "sobrinas" in Puerto Plata. I will post more later when I have a bit more time. I am at work now..
chuckuindy said:
I noticed this is your first post. Welcome, and please let us hear more from you.
Charlie

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hey I like that JanH good stress reliever for sure a nice cold Presidente!! :cool:

JanH said:
The last time we left Sosua, we packed a 6-pack of Presidente in the suitcase. We bought the large bottles. This 6-pack lasted 2 months here because the only time we open one is when we come home extremely stressed out from work.

When Doug sees me hitting the fridge and pulling out a bottle, he knows to stay clear of me for at least 30 minutes. I take the bottle to the back porch, get in my rocker, light a cig, gulp, and think of lying on Sosua beach. Works to calm me down every time.

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
Daydreaming Can Be Dangerous

I WAS IN THE OFFICE ON A FRIDAY ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO AND WAS STEADY DAYDREAMING ABOUT A DAY IN A SAMANA BEACH WERE THE WAVES WERE SPLASHING IN THE BACKGROUND COMPETING WITH THE BACHATA AND EATING FISH THAT WAS CAUGHT NO MORE THAN 20 MINUTES AGO AND DRINKING MY OWN PERSONAL BOTELLA DE EXTRA VIEJO AND NEXT THING I KNOW I WAS ON THE AUTOPISTA GETTING READY TO GO DANCING IN ALL THE CLUBS IN THE "VENEZUELA" (if youre form the caital you know what im talking about) I WAS SUPPOSED TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY BUT GO TO DR AND COME BACK THE NEXT DAY ARE YOU KIDDING ME

I WAS IN THE OFFICE AGAIN ON WEDNESDAY. I ALMOST LOST MY JOB AND SPENT WAY TOO MUCH MONEY BUT HEY IT WAS ALL WELL WORTH IT

THATS MY STORY AND IM WARNING YOU GUYS DR DAYDREAMING CAN BE DANGEROUS. : ;)

Esteelove

Jan 15, 2004
giggling

Music said:
Just sharing a little story?..
This is how it began; I was saving my Presidente beer from my last trip in April so I could drink it on a hot summer day! I kept it really cold and waited for the prefect day!
I had my friend over who went with me on this last trip so we can have a DR day :classic: .
We put our bikinis on, brought out the Merengue and Bachata music and relaxed on our beach chairs lol! We brought out our album and reminisced about our trip and laughed remembering all of our adventures. Oh how we miss it!
We ate food and had our Presidente and at one point we closed our eyes and pretended we were on the beach in the DR :cool: !
Yes having a Presidente in my backyard in Canada isn?t the same as being on a beach in the DR that?s for sure :laugh: ! But it was fun and brought us back to some memories of our last trip! :classic:
The DR really can have an affect on a person, just look at us ;) :laugh:
The DR is a beautiful country with some great people! I always have a great time!

So are we crazy? Does anyone else do such silly stuff all because we love the DR? :laugh:

I think what you guys did was adorable! I should do the same. LOL!! :p