I have been adopted 27 years ago and would like to find my real mom!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Would you prefer biological mother?
The throw on words on this topic is pointless, it is what it is, mum, mother, parent or other doesn't matter, she wants to know what she came from, I reckon it is quite a normal thought process at some point in an adopted persons life.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
In the first place, why you're biological mother would have you with an fake name and stuff, that look strange. The best option is to find more of the story of them or just lived it like they were not your real parents and god one day will punished them the stuff they did to you. Your story is amazing and i hope you can put an end to this.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Would you prefer biological mother?
The throw on words on this topic is pointless, it is what it is, mum, mother, parent or other doesn't matter, she wants to know what she came from, I reckon it is quite a normal thought process at some point in an adopted persons life.

i'm totally agree with you, screw them, they not even worthy to be alive in this earth. Stuff like this get me mad because i know one day im going to have my own kids and i don't want this to happen to my kids cause no matter what, i will be around to take care of them or guide them.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
i'm totally agree with you, screw them, they not even worthy to be alive in this earth. Stuff like this get me mad because i know one day im going to have my own kids and i don't want this to happen to my kids cause no matter what, i will be around to take care of them or guide them.

What on earth are you talking about. I am not saying any such thing about the situation. Kids are given up for adoption for the good of the child, not usually because they are not wanted, quite the opposite infact.
I don't know where you got that conclusion from out of my posts.

Carmelita

Mar 5, 2011
Hello again,
tballerina is right with what she said about the real mother. Only in my case it might be a little differnt. My stepparents had children on their own. They where intellectuals who(statement what was made by them) adopted me out of prestige reasons. To show their social environment what kind of nice people they are adopting this little brown girl from the DR. At home i never had warmth or any kissing or hugging i never experienced that i was loved by them......... the neighbours called me the cleaning women because of my work i was supposed to do in the house of my stepparents.Those are my stepparents with whom i do not have contact anymore. So here i am hoping to find at least my biological mother even though it might be a bigger disappointment.At least then i could put everything behind me....But without knowing about my whereabouts it is not possible.And i also want to say that there are always two sides and i am sure i did things wrong concerning my step parents.But the bottomline is that they never loved me and they never will.I am more like an objekt to them then a human being. I was born in an Hospital in santo Domingo. I know the name of it and my birthdate.I tried to call there but i don?t speak spanish. Shouldn?t it be easy to go there to the archives with those informations and get a look at my file?? If somebody of you is living in Santo Domingo i would be glad to send you money to go for me there and even bribe those ones in charge there at the hospital. What santobonao said is also correct but it don?t get me any closer to my goal. That is the big big question for me as well why it happened that way!!! Thanks to all of you nice people in the forum !!
Carmen

Last edited:
Reactions: AlterEgo

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Art. 55.7 of the Constitution of the Dominican Republic:

All individuals have the right to be recognized as individuals by their given name(s) and the surnames of their father and mother, and the right to know the identity of their parents;

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Art. 55.7 of the Constitution of the Dominican Republic:

All individuals have the right to be recognized as individuals by their given name(s) and the surnames of their father and mother, and the right to know the identity of their parents;

Now we have the entitlement sorted out, what is the success rate of searches?

Also, knowing the identity does not mean whereabouts, surely the parent still has the right to privacy?

Also, do biological Parents have the right to know the whereabouts of the adoptive child?

Carmelita

Mar 5, 2011
I am somehow stuck. These TV people never answered my mails lawyer advised me to take an private investigator and the private investigator who contacted me asked for 1000,- Euro up front before he even considered my request. Has anybody else an idea what i could do?? Thanks for any advice in advance!!
Carmen

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Wow Carmelita best of luck, dont dispair I am sure you will find solutions.

I am sure your mom had great reasons for doing what she did, she could had been a teenage girl who didnt have the support of her parents, I am sure it has been the hardest thing she ever did, give you up. Stay strong, who knows what you will find but i am sure you will find better people than your adoptive parents, relatives, friend or neighbors of your biological mom. Good luck!!!!!:)

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
Have you tried the newspapers?? I have seen in El Nacional stories of people trying to find their relatives.
Don't give up, you never know what tomorrow will bring!!
Good Luck!

Carmelita

Mar 5, 2011
Just wanted to freshen up my thread. I still did not get ahead.Any ideas would be appreciated. I just do not want to go to the Dom.Rep. without the proper preparation.
Carmen