I just got robbed

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
AZB, the novia is history. . . . just kidding.

We are renting the place and there are no metal bars on the balcony or the entrance to the apartment. The sliding glass door was broken, and it looks intentional as the tenants on the 3rd floor had the same problem.

The story gets better. My novia paid the rent this month, but got a message from the management company saying we were late. One of the secretaries had told her an emlpoyee was stopping by and she could give him the rent. She did. That guys has not been to work since! He also knew the patio dor was broken and has keys to the main entrance to the building!

Yhe owner of the bldg came by and said he needs to investigate all the people that worked in the bldg.

They fixed the lock on the sliding glass doors, changed the lock on the apartment door, and are going to put a metal gate in the entrance to the bldg. They are also talking about a metal gate on the apartment door and maybe on the balcony. We'll see. they are going to add some bolts to the sliding doors to lock them from the inside etc.

It certainly looks like it could be an employee of the buildings owner. I would like to think I could get the items replaced if it was proven that an employee did it, but am not holding my breathe.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Frobeca, yes she was lucky. In the grand scheme of things it could have been MUCH worse. She was asleep and it was pitch dark. She thought it was me getting my laptop for something. I have been known to check email or do some work in the middle of the night if I wake up etc.

She said the guy didn't run, he just calmly walked down the hall and then she heard the door shut. This of course makes her think he was armed as he was so calm.

I bet she doesn't sleep a wink tonight! I will sleep lightly as well I bet.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
ltsnyder. . . .I never try and flaunt my wealth. . . . .mostl;y because I am not wealthy!

I have left with laptop in bag in the past but not from this apartment. I have been dumb enough to walk outside carrying a video camera but that is because I was taping something etc.

I never talk about being wealthy, in fact I just got laid off for the 3rd time in a year!

Since we just moved in there is pretty much ZERO furniture in here. The Tv was a crappy little 13 inch sucker and the DVD player was $49.

The expensive stuff mostly travels with me when I go to the states, except for a desktop computer which was untouched for obvious reasons etc.

Right now besides me living here there are 2 italian guys on the 3rd floor so the place might look like a target if there are foreigners around.

The rest of the bldgs on the block are fairly old and some are in less than great shape. This building is brand new, fresh white paint and they are still building the penthouse that will be $1200 when done, complete with jacuzzi, I hear.

I learned a lesson, and nobody was hurt. Let's hope there are no more "visitors" etc.