I met a guy in Samana

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

Is ther a way to find out if he's still w/the mom? My mom went and visited and met the family--his baby's momma works in SD, but will be returning, as his mom is going to Puerto Rico to be w/ his sister. She'll live in the house next to his. He says they are done, but who knows for sure. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it and either go forward knowing she will always be around, or forget about it--knowing she will always be around.

Listen, he is probably still with his child's mother. There is another post that we had discussing this type of thing and the way NA women react to these types of situations. I will try to find out which it is.
If you are going to leave him if he is cheating on you then leave him. In MY experience - most Dominicans have more than one woman. (I put in "my" opinion because I don't feel like hearing all of the backlash posts of "not all Dominicans are the same")The women that tell you that their man is not like that, has a man very good at what he does. There are women like myself that prefer honesty.
The only down side is that they expect YOU to be monogomous even though they aren't.
Stop snooping and asking a gazillion questions, NO man likes that. Tell him to be honest with you and that you know that no man can be alone while his "woman" visits him 2 or 3 times a year.
I've got a story for you, but I will need your email address because the PMs here are read I was told.
I have several personalities...only a few are shown here;););)
SHALENA

jt76

Jan 23, 2002
but I will need your email address because the PMs here are read I was told.

Man!!!! all the warm weather and beatiful sandy beaches, and the mods have nothing better to do than read sankie stories...lol.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
but I will need your email address because the PMs here are read I was told.

Man!!!! all the warm weather and beatiful sandy beaches, and the mods have nothing better to do than read sankie stories...lol.

Some of us are stuck in the frozen north and to be clear, mods cannot read members private messages and I highly doubt that the admin have the time or could care less about reading PM's :paranoid:

We get enough crap, errrrr I mean stories about sankies in the public forum without going into pm's even if we the mods could read them.

SHALENA
you mean there's something you haven't posted on DR1 :cheeky:

Just pulling your leg, ya nos I luvs ya right ;)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Some of us are stuck in the frozen north and to be clear, mods cannot read members private messages and I highly doubt that the admin have the time or could care less about reading PM's :paranoid:

We get enough crap, errrrr I mean stories about sankies in the public forum without going into pm's even if we the mods could read them.

SHALENA
you mean there's something you haven't posted on DR1 :cheeky:

Just pulling your leg, ya nos I luvs ya right ;)

Of course, I learned quickly what to report and what not to. I have situations that I keep to myself.;);)
But as my mother used to say "Everything that is done in the dark will always come to light".................I'm just trying to keep the lights out a little longer!
JAJAJA
SHALENA

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
...Maslows Heirachy of needs

I know alot of people think that these men and women who fall for these sankies are ?stupid? but I think these people are for the most part incredibly lonely and longing to be loved and belong to someone, something, anything and a Sanky comes along...perfect timing.
Reading all these posts in this forum has reminded me how lonely people are....especially in the West. You cant date people you work with, long hours at work doesnt leave much room for a social life, everyone is so busy and tired and stressed, etc....all this does not allow for much needed social contacts.
Many people dont know who their next door neighbours are, the family network has changed, people have to make an appointment to see their friends and family. People are so disconnected from each other nowadays especially in places like Canada, USA, Europe.
That sense of belonging or feeling loved is a basic human need!!!!
We need it like we need water, shelter and food.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I know alot of people think that these men and women who fall for these sankies are ?stupid? but I think these people are for the most part incredibly lonely and longing to be loved and belong to someone, something, anything and a Sanky comes along...perfect timing.
Reading all these posts in this forum has reminded me how lonely people are....especially in the West. You cant date people you work with, long hours at work doesnt leave much room for a social life, everyone is so busy and tired and stressed, etc....all this does not allow for much needed social contacts.
Many people dont know who their next door neighbours are, the family network has changed, people have to make an appointment to see their friends and family. People are so disconnected from each other nowadays especially in places like Canada, USA, Europe.
That sense of belonging or feeling loved is a basic human need!!!!
We need it like we need water, shelter and food.

True BUT why not look for it in your own backyard!!!!!

Lusting is ok when on vacation.

After that, reality should sink in.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
True BUT why not look for it in your own backyard!!!!!

Lusting is ok when on vacation.

After that, reality should sink in.

I agree about looking 1st in your own backyard. The 1st day I arrived in the DR with a girlfriend from Africa...we both were well aware of the quest for a Visa, sex and money from the ?dumb Western? women. We wanted a peaceful and fun vacation and definately did not come here for the men. Cause we have plenty of access to a lot of those sexy things called men back home in Canada, who like to work, are educated, can pay his way and his dates and will gladly treat us like ladies. lol
But my friend found love at the resort with a professional Haitian guy living in America who just happened to be vacationing at the same resort with us. They are still dating. Sweet couple.
I remember when he asked her to dance in the nightclub her 1st question was do you have a VISA....our 1st criteria to giving any man the time of day, how can you trust it otherwise.... and he laughed and said yes I am American.
Because of our ethnic backgrounds we were knowledgeable and prepared and hot chocolate Caribbean men is nothing new and exciting to us and we both were well familar with the sanky culture, and how these men THINK and deal with Western women, it just has a different name from our home countries. Knowing this I asked a Dominican person at the front desk at the resort how do you say to a pestering man in Spanish, dont bother me....?no me de muela?. So that was our phrase for the rest of the trip to get the pestering men off our back. All the Dominican men roared in laughter and shock that we knew that Dominican phrase and the hotel staff respected us and called us the smart morenas.
But a lonely and loveless women who come from societies and cultures where this does not happen or are aware can easily get lurred in as we see from all these posts.

But I was just saying that , that ?backyard? in the West can be so stressfull , busy and people are so disconnected or more connected to an ipod or blackberry than to other human beings,
...... and many people on vacation get their 1st opportunity to just breath and relax and along comes someone who shows them the first bit of affection and romantic attention that they so desperately crave and NEED as human beings, but its a con artist at work and there you have it.
But as my mother says dont go grocery shopping when you are hungry cause you are going to pick up crap.
Lonely women saty away from the Domincian Republic, its dangerous for your hearts. LOL

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thandie said:
But as my mother says dont go grocery shopping when you are hungry cause you are going to pick up crap.
Lonely women saty away from the Domincian Republic, its dangerous for your hearts. LOL
Can we have this framed and displayed in the arrivals hall at every DR airport?

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
Did anyone ever think about that some of these "sankies" may be walking on both sides of the street..dating both male and female? Money is money no matter who's pocket or pocketbook it comes out of.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I agree about looking 1st in your own backyard. The 1st day I arrived in the DR with a girlfriend from Africa...we both were well aware of the quest for a Visa, sex and money from the ?dumb Western? women. We wanted a peaceful and fun vacation and definately did not come here for the men. Cause we have plenty of access to a lot of those sexy things called men back home in Canada, who like to work, are educated, can pay his way and his dates and will gladly treat us like ladies. lol
But my friend found love at the resort with a professional Haitian guy living in America who just happened to be vacationing at the same resort with us. They are still dating. Sweet couple.
I remember when he asked her to dance in the nightclub her 1st question was do you have a VISA....our 1st criteria to giving any man the time of day, how can you trust it otherwise.... and he laughed and said yes I am American.
Because of our ethnic backgrounds we were knowledgeable and prepared and hot chocolate Caribbean men is nothing new and exciting to us and we both were well familar with the sanky culture, and how these men THINK and deal with Western women, it just has a different name from our home countries. Knowing this I asked a Dominican person at the front desk at the resort how do you say to a pestering man in Spanish, dont bother me....?no me de muela?. So that was our phrase for the rest of the trip to get the pestering men off our back. All the Dominican men roared in laughter and shock that we knew that Dominican phrase and the hotel staff respected us and called us the smart morenas.
But a lonely and loveless women who come from societies and cultures where this does not happen or are aware can easily get lurred in as we see from all these posts.

But I was just saying that , that ?backyard? in the West can be so stressfull , busy and people are so disconnected or more connected to an ipod or blackberry than to other human beings,
...... and many people on vacation get their 1st opportunity to just breath and relax and along comes someone who shows them the first bit of affection and romantic attention that they so desperately crave and NEED as human beings, but its a con artist at work and there you have it.
Lonely women saty away from the Domincian Republic, its dangerous for your hearts.
LOL

You said it

He,like you, was vacationing not working at the resort.

Or hungry women....

joseph2007

Dec 14, 2008
jouterell in answer to your previous question on another thread how do me and my hubby work it out well to be honest we just do.I work part time and he is the main bread earner,In the start i was working full time and he got a job in a local factory it wasnt much but it was a start he now works as a support worker helping the disabled and his english has greatly improved with the time he constantly surpirises me at how well he improves his english and he has now applied for a job that will have him reaching for the stars as a Policeman and to be honest he has already been told by the police he is in with a good chance.Just dont expect to much from him and understand how difficult it is for him and help him with applications etc..