I need a real estate agent in Santiago

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Do any of you Santigo folks have a 'good' contact in real estate? I have someone looking to buy an apartment in Santiago. Requirements are

Must be a professional, not someone who just dabbles!
English speaking
Must provide some after sale assistance

Thanks in advance!

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
just kidding :)

'Torres Puello adem?s realizaba trabajos de ?realtor? en Sosua

i heard he would help but seems his plate is too full right now...lol

did you check the realtors in your area and see if they have a connection in

satiago?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Do any of you Santigo folks have a 'good' contact in real estate? I have someone looking to buy an apartment in Santiago. Requirements are

Must be a professional, not someone who just dabbles!
English speaking
Must provide some after sale assistance

Thanks in advance!

Know that the real estate agents here do not operate the way that they do in the States (do not know how they operate in the UK!) .. ie in the US there is a multiple listing service so that ALL the available properties are on line for everyone to view. The system here is that EACH realtor only has their own listings... This used to be how things operated in the States but it serves neither the buyer or the seller.. ONLY the realtor.

So really what anyone has to do is pound the pavements and FIND for HIMSELF the property that he wants to buy and then work through the realtor who has the listing..

This is a lousy system... and it would serve the sellers and buyers much better if the real estate agents changed it...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
wouldnt that defeat the object of a real estate agent if you went looking for the property yourself ?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I can recommend one that has had glowing comments in the past. She is trustworth, and smart. She will help you for sure. Please send me a PM for her contact information.

Cordially,

HB

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
wouldnt that defeat the object of a real estate agent if you went looking for the property yourself ?

well, yes IMHO!! But that is the reality here.. there really is NO WAY to find a real estate agent who is going to be able to show you EVERYTHING that is for sale in an area. They are going to show you what THEY have listed.

If you do not have any idea of where you want to live.. ie what neighborhood. then you are just going to get what the agent shows you.

Part of the problem is that they rarely have exclusive listings so that an agent has no guarantee of a commission with a property that she advertises. Unless it is owned by her cousin...:glasses:

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
well, yes IMHO!! But that is the reality here.. there really is NO WAY to find a real estate agent who is going to be able to show you EVERYTHING that is for sale in an area. They are going to show you what THEY have listed.

If you do not have any idea of where you want to live.. ie what neighborhood. then you are just going to get what the agent shows you.

Part of the problem is that they rarely have exclusive listings so that an agent has no guarantee of a commission with a property that she advertises. Unless it is owned by her cousin...:glasses:

Here in Santo Domingo I have an agent working with me who does show everything she can find, in the area, that fits what you are looking for. She finds it via all her contacts, on the Santo Domingo MLS that is reasonable good now, other websites and her own listings. She organizes all these showings for you. And that is hard to do in Santo Domingo. I would think in Santiago too. I wish I had just one or two more like her working with me. I realize that it is a special gift to be able to work like that here. With all the traffic. And difficult to plan a lot of showings. Something always comes in the way. And there is not yet an MLS that covers most listings. There are a few websites that have positioned themselves well. DR1 being one of them. But she also gets a very good commision split. Because I realize now that there are just very few agents who really now how to work like that.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I rented some properties with the assistance of Curiel and Curiel, I think one of them speaks a bit of English. I have this old # in my phone for Alfonso Curiel, 809-607-1936.

I mention them because I recall they were very helpful long after they had made the money they were supposed to make on the deal.

Might be wrong about the English though.