I need help finding an apartment in Puerto Plata

white light

Sep 25, 2006
I have lived in this city for 17 years and I don’t know people because I am housebound and bedridden. I need to move because I’m getting vandals daily doing lots of damage because they know I’m here alone at night. I have caregivers during the day for short hours now because of the pandemic. If anybody knows how I could find a place to move I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Antera Mota street, white 3-story bldg. across street from Ceducomp. Often has a unit available. Affordable, clean area, good location Usually a sign above front entrance with ph# to call. “B” bus goes by the intersection. Centro del ciudad, near parque central, casa Nelson.

Reactions: CristoRey

canuck1

Jun 22, 2009
I was thinking the same thing It sounds like he could use a friend. Living with someone or getting apartment in a home would be better then a condo complex.

I do know of some people that do that in Sosua. Heck i even have space at the 2 homes i have in Sosua But we are not living there full time.
But i do think he is in a tough situation and it is hard when you have no one to trust.
I told my wife about this post this morning and she was so made she wanted to send here sister over there to check on the OP.
We are in Canada right now so there is not much we can due. But i know how he feels I had a stroke over 2 years ago and if it wan not for my wife and friends i would not have made it. OP MY friend i will hope for the best for you and i will ask around about a better spot for you

white light

Sep 25, 2006
You could think of getting a private apartment above a dominican household.
Then you would have people around 24h.
I agree it would be good to live with someone. It’s very difficult in my situation, but I have no family anywhere in the world and I’ve lived here a long time. There’s no going home again so to speak. If anybody knows will place for me please send me a private message. Thank you.

white light

Sep 25, 2006
This is the best option given the needs.
I agree it would be good to live with someone. That’s why I reached out here. I have no friends in this country. Just my caregivers. I work and run a business on the Internet. I’m a very busy person considering my disabilities.

white light

Sep 25, 2006
Thank you so much for your kind message. My main caregiver has been with me 16 years and lives in Puerto Plata. I would definitely be lost without this person. I would appreciate if you or your family would call me. If you send me a private message I have a phone number for the USA and Canada. I sure wish you were here now.

white light

Sep 25, 2006
I was thinking the same thing It sounds like he could use a friend. Living with someone or getting apartment in a home would be better then a condo complex.

I do know of some people that do that in Sosua. Heck i even have space at the 2 homes i have in Sosua But we are not living there full time.
But i do think he is in a tough situation and it is hard when you have no one to trust.
I told my wife about this post this morning and she was so made she wanted to send here sister over there to check on the OP.
We are in Canada right now so there is not much we can due. But i know how he feels I had a stroke over 2 years ago and if it wan not for my wife and friends i would not have made it. OP MY friend i will hope for the best for you and i will ask around about a better spot for you
Thank you so much for your kind message. My main caregiver has been with me 16 years and lives in Puerto Plata. I would definitely be lost without this person. I would appreciate if you or your family would call me. If you send me a private message I have a phone number for the USA and Canada. I sure wish you were here now.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Does she not know anyone with suitable housing.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have lived in this city for 17 years and I don’t know people because I am housebound and bedridden. I need to move because I’m getting vandals daily doing lots of damage because they know I’m here alone at night. I have caregivers during the day for short hours now because of the pandemic. If anybody knows how I could find a place to move I would appreciate it. Thank you.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

I agree with what Bob said above, if any of those people you know, even if they are not friends as such, would know of something (apartment), I'd consider that worth checking. As with any change, I'd just advise the OP to try to be very careful with any decisions due to their condition... The best scenario would be to live above people the OP would already know and she would be able to fully trust... That scenario might not be that easy to achieve...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I agree with what Bob said above, if any of those people you know, even if they are not friends as such, would know of something (apartment), I'd consider that worth checking. As with any change, I'd just advise the OP to try to be very careful with any decisions due to their condition... The best scenario would be to live above people the OP would already know and she would be able to fully trust... That scenario might not be that easy to achieve...

In the DR, if you pay your rent dues on time all the time, you become family for the landlords!

Just need to make sure to rent where the owner occupies the first floor of the house.

They will always check on the tenants!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
In the DR, if you pay your rent dues on time all the time, you become family for the landlords!

Just need to make sure to rent where the owner occupies the first floor of the house.

They will always check on the tenants!

Not only that, chuck in another 15k pesos and you have cleaner/cook/"nurse" on standby.

That said, we are not aware of the situation of the OP so it's hard to propose solutions.