windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hope to see you there:

1656348755471.png

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Any plans on playing in San Cristobal during the day?

• Haha
Reactions: Gadfly

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Any plans on playing in San Cristobal during the day?
I must say I never considered that location! What's happening there these days?

This is my second time ever at a bar or restaurant where I am playing solo. I have played off and on in clubs since I was 16.
Hundreds to perhaps a thousand gigs in groups from duo's to 10 piece bands with 5 horns were what I normally did.
I was always the guy filling in the gaps and singing harmony and maybe sang lead on two songs.

Attempting to get ready for a solo gig gives me a lot of respect for those who are primarily solo acts. At least there aren't any discussions on
set lists or who was going to play or sing what. The Covid epoch meant I had the time to work on over 100 tunes.

We are fully into low season and even the trio I play with, which normally has standing room only at El Choco, drew far less than that earlier this month.
So the only thing the club owners can support now is a solo act or maybe a duo. That said, the fact there is any live music at all for expats in June
means more expats are living here full time than ever before.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not much happening in this town, just a few small discos. It would be great if there was a large expat community, but alas....

I'm sure there will better days for you in the near future.

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Break a leg Winded! Don't forget to have immigration ready to raid the place and cart away the illegal alien overstayers! They'll thank you in advance.
Just that maybe you may only be left with one or two patrons and the cook.

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy