I was robbed by Police Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014
Can you not use your mom's connections for some help with this silk?

I spoke with the aid of a senator and he said that they could put so pressure on the situation, but that since the amount of money that was taken was small and that I wasn't put into the hospital or had bruises the dominican government would be more likely to sweep the issue under the rug and vilify me in order to save face and protect their tourist industry. He said that if I wished to stay in the country any longer he wouldn't suggest US intervention because the risk of reprisal would increase exponentially. He said things like, being detained and searched in customs so that I miss my flight, often and random police and security checks/searches, red flagging my passport in their local systems, among other things.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It is the worst case of mistaken identity, Haitian looking guy found in Haitian puta area with a knife in the pocket (a bit well off looking, with a pasola + knife = could be a dangerous Haitian pimp !?). I think if you had some kind of ID on you, it would have been very useful.

The PN guys found you an easy target, they do the same to Haitian guys every day, so didn't think of it for a minute. But now for not loosing face they just don't come down and admit their mistake - because that is not easy and also could cause bigger problem for them, hence the ongoing saga.

To be honest, I say you tried and tried really well, but police here is corrupt really bad, they get away with murder (local or foreign) so your case really fade in significance - police mistook you for a Haitian and took your KNIFE and some money (ok, threatened you, no harm was really done - could have broken a few bones and it was still way of the chart, comparing to murdering people here everyday for nothing... ! You found a case yourself).

If you plan to stay, kiss and make up as someone suggested. If not, lay low for a bit until you can leave. Not sure what would have happened if you have not complained, but these are really the options now. The PN guys would not be punished, they might have got verbal from a ranking officer to watch the f**k out when shaking off Haitians - make sure they are not gringos !?

I think in future, considering your appearance (I know, unfortunately that is the world we live in), have a colour copy of your passport handy, and pull it out right away before even saying Hola to anyone - oh, and the most important thing from my point of view, don't carry KNIFE or other weapons, the police (in any country) get really worried when they see weapons, they would think this Haitian guy could have pulled it out and stabbed them with it !?

(sorry for the lecture, didn't mean it that way).

case in point

I was clearing security y'day in Toronto... they flagged my bag...

is that jewelry in the lower left corner ?
No... pellets, .22 caliber pellets.

she took them away for 'questioning' and returned asking if I had 'the thing' they worked with , these pellets.

No, I said, no firearms in my luggage - check again.... if you like.

They let me pass..... but they are ALL OVER all sorts of things these days

careful , careful is the key.

how stupid was that? the Toronto woman checking me ??
just plain dumb -- but thats what you're dealing with....... suck it up

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
I made a suggestion to leave the country - immediately - some think that is "extreme" . . . BUT let me tell you a story.

Some years ago (about 2007-2008). . . a good friend of mine, "JACK" was due to return back to Santo Domingo from the US. He had just recently purchased a 2 story building on Ave. Pasteur in Gazcue, Santo Domingo. Apartment upstairs, downstairs being "renovated" for a new restaurant. Had a "live on premises" handy man, laborer who Looked after the building in jacks absence. . . .

Jack could be quite nasty when he got drunk - according to "stories" he had some "issues" with a couple of local P.N. prior to his leaving. I believe he made a formal complaint against the two "officers" prior to returning back to the states. Accusations of theft, coercion, etc...... apparently that complaint went no-where . . .

fast forward a couple of months, Jack is scheduled to return on a date in January. A day or so after that date, friends started wondering where Jack had gone to? According to family in the states he had embarked on the plane to SDQ. Records later showed he "arrived" here but none of his friends had heard from Jack, or seen Jack. His house was still "locked" - he just plain kind of disappeared. State side family could not contact him and eventually contacted the US embassy for help. . .reach out to the local police for assistance. PN entered Jacks house - the apartment had been ransacked . but still no sign of Jack. several months went by. . . . . still no contact or sign of Jack to be found.

More pressure put on embassy by family, pressure on PN for more investigation. approx 5 months after he vanished Cadaver Dogs were brought in to the investigation. Guess what - Jack was found . . . . .

He had been shot, rolled into a tarp, then into a hole dug in the first floor, covered with concrete, just looked like part of the "renovation".

The laborer was re-investigated, it came out eventually that two national police officers were being investigated as possibly being involved. IT TURNED OUT IT WAS THE SAME TWO POLICE OFFICERS THAT JACK HAD TANGLED WITH BEFORE AND REPORTED TO THE PN. NOTHING MORE WAS EVER HEARD OR REPORTED ABOUT THE CASE. CLOSED . . . .

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND MY WARNINGS?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I made a suggestion to leave the country - immediately - some think that is "extreme" . . . BUT let me tell you a story.

Some years ago (about 2007-2008). . . a good friend of mine, "JACK" was due to return back to Santo Domingo from the US. He had just recently purchased a 2 story building on Ave. Pasteur in Gazcue, Santo Domingo. Apartment upstairs, downstairs being "renovated" for a new restaurant. Had a "live on premises" handy man, laborer who Looked after the building in jacks absence. . . .

Jack could be quite nasty when he got drunk - according to "stories" he had some "issues" with a couple of local P.N. prior to his leaving. I believe he made a formal complaint against the two "officers" prior to returning back to the states. Accusations of theft, coercion, etc...... apparently that complaint went no-where . . .

fast forward a couple of months, Jack is scheduled to return on a date in January. A day or so after that date, friends started wondering where Jack had gone to? According to family in the states he had embarked on the plane to SDQ. Records later showed he "arrived" here but none of his friends had heard from Jack, or seen Jack. His house was still "locked" - he just plain kind of disappeared. State side family could not contact him and eventually contacted the US embassy for help. . .reach out to the local police for assistance. PN entered Jacks house - the apartment had been ransacked . but still no sign of Jack. several months went by. . . . . still no contact or sign of Jack to be found.

More pressure put on embassy by family, pressure on PN for more investigation. approx 5 months after he vanished Cadaver Dogs were brought in to the investigation. Guess what - Jack was found . . . . .

He had been shot, rolled into a tarp, then into a hole dug in the first floor, covered with concrete, just looked like part of the "renovation".

The laborer was re-investigated, it came out eventually that two national police officers were being investigated as possibly being involved. IT TURNED OUT IT WAS THE SAME TWO POLICE OFFICERS THAT JACK HAD TANGLED WITH BEFORE AND REPORTED TO THE PN. NOTHING MORE WAS EVER HEARD OR REPORTED ABOUT THE CASE. CLOSED . . . .

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND MY WARNINGS?

I remember hearing that story when it happened. :(

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Silk", it's time for you to "Move On", literally, AND figuratively!!!!!
It happened, too bad, now let it go!
It's the DR, nobody cares what happened to you, except YOU!!!!!
You are sounding like you may have more serious "ISSUES" than losing a few pesos!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

The "ABOVE" was my "Nice" answer!
THIS is how I really feel.
Your story is total BULL$HIT"!
You are looking for some attention here on DR1, Nada Mas!
Your first thread about your FANTASY was "CLOSED" by Robert for a REASON, now you OPEN it again for a REASON, you want MORE ATTENTION!!!!!
It will be "CLOSED" again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.