I'd like to go to DR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Well, here is the deal with the Dominican way of doing things with a good economy or not. First of all, you have to meet the right people. Here in this forum there are lots of folks that have "connections" with dominicans people that have the ability to make things work (either they are in the government, rich, etc.). Make sure you talk with them. Also, because you are beautiful and white you will be perceived as being smarter than ugly and non whites, so finding a job should be easier for you than most dominicans with the same skills that you have. Make sure that your job pays in US dollars to be ahead of inflation. The economy is bad right now, but if the current president loses the election this coming May, things might begin to turn around, especially if Leonel comes into power again. People from all over the world don't trust the current president. If you have a business oriented mindset and would like to own a business in the DR try a tourist oriented business, or anything that would be supported by people that have easy access to U.S. Dollars.

You had an outstanding post, up untill the last part! Please feel free to post that again, in the MEN FROM MARS, WOMEN FROM VENUS, Forum.

Thanks
Tim H.
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

pasha

Sep 4, 2003
Then surely....

Elena /Russia/ said:
I'm a girl ;) you may be sure!
there must be room for you somewhere. Did Ginka tell you what she and Lena are going to do for a living? Perhaps you could work with them. Just a thought.

Best, P

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Elena

Ok, I just can't take it any longer;)

This has turned into a dating service. The women in Rusiia are beatiful and I just came back from Odessa, Ukraine and let me tell you, most of the young girls look better than most of the models in US.

Many of you that don't know that, but I am also born and raised in Russia , but lived in Canada for many years, Italy, DR , Denmark and now moving again.

I wish Elena all the best , but I must say "DUMAI SHTO TI DELAESH" just think what you are doing .

If you like to know more about DR , just write me .
All the best .

P.S. Loved the comment about Escott, hehehehe.

Greetings to all......

Yozh

Aug 17, 2003
one more russian

ha-ha russkie idut :)
welcome to DR !
I am living here now (moved from St.Petersburg).

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Russians are Welcome!!

Russians are beautiful, intelligent people. Many of them (the young ones at least) know more than one language, have some specialized knowledge, and have lots of ambition to succeed. By all means, if Russians want to come to the Dominican Republic, then come! Just, keep the mafiosos out of Dominicana, I saw a documentary on the Russian Mafia, boy, they make the italian mafia look like mickey mouse and friends. Other than that, all Russians come aboard the Dominican Republic Experience.

BeachBum999

Mar 6, 2004
Much better weather than in St.Pete, hah?

Yozh said:
ha-ha russkie idut :)
welcome to DR !
I am living here now (moved from St.Petersburg).

Hi, I'm also Russian and thinking of moving to the Dominican in some future from Brooklyn, NY (sorry, but no mob connections :cool: ). Have many questions. Please let me know if I can contact you in private.
Regards, Andrei

El Belga

Feb 17, 2004
www.betranslated.com
and vice versa

mountainfrog said:
Too late!
This country is Heaven for criminals from all over the world.
A mafioso with sufficient funds could even become president ....

A president can convert into a mafioso with a lot of money...

Just one tip to anyone who wants to come and live in DR : come with enough money or come with your job (home working) as salaries here are so low compared to most occidental standards that you would cry if you knew how much earn a Dominican medium class citizen. Could you make a living on US$ 200 a month ??? Well, 75 % of the people here do not earn this !And do not think everything is for free, I know it is easier to be poor under the sun, but I am not sure most of the Dominican share this opinion.

A lot of people arrived here, attracted by the beach, the sun, the sea, the merengue or whatsoever and had to leave a few month later, as they spent most of the money the saved in the past. Some others live very poor, I met some foreigners living here like Dominicans, but I'm not sure it's really worthy to let evreything down just to say "I live in the Caribbean" (better said "I survive in the Caribbean").
As far as I am concerned, my wife is Dominican, we have two kids and I don't want to have to tell them "Sorry, we cannot eat meat today, there is no money anymore".
I am lucky I have a job I can do from home, working through the internet, but I first had to build solid bases in Europe before deciding to come and live here.

So, Elena, take care and think twice before making up you mind. Anyway, I would be delighted to see lots of wonderful Russian ladies hanging around here...

Kind regards,
El Belga