Illegal immigrants and government actions

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
THere are so many laws in this country - some quite arcane.
Almost impossible to escape if someone wants to 'throw the book' at you.

Two groups of offenders show similar traits.... it seems to me

The moto helmet people and the overstayers.
Both seem to be an unruly, uncontrollable , inflexible bunch - difficult to manage.
Similar mentalities

Start keeping track and see if see my point.
Brilliant! At the end of the day every shilling has two sides! Carry on.

Reactions: CristoRey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
How did I guess the comparison to helmetless motoconchos would upset some people !!???

Law breakers is law breakers...... flaunting it appeals to some of them

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Narrator: On the DR1 posting system, the posters are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the law and order group who rage at the machine, and the reasonable people who oppose them. These are their stories. DONK DONK ‼️

Those who overstay currently can pay a fine. And we have people have posted about doing it.

And even the citizens posting up in here cannot do a thing about it. But they do rage against machine quite a bit. I can walk outside of the four walls I live within and head onto the street and do not have to wait five minutes to see someone breaking the law. Motorcycle rider with no helmet. Motorcycle rider traveling in opposing traffic. People without masks. People crossing the street outside of the crosswalk. If I had apoplectic fit every time I saw someone breaking the law in 🇩🇴 I would be seeking medical care everyday.

There are even those that can read the minds and attitudes of those breaking the law. They know those doing it because it appeals to them. Someone must know their fellow countrymen very well. :ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: johne

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Some of us tend to do things based on looking at the upside benefits versus the downside risk. In the case of citizenship, many don't see much benefit at all to jumping through the hoops of becoming legal while the downside risk at the same time is very low.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Some of us tend to do things based on looking at the upside benefits versus the downside risk. In the case of citizenship, many don't see much benefit at all to jumping through the hoops of becoming legal while the downside risk at the same time is very low.
Citizenship is easier than residency.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
THere are so many laws in this country - some quite arcane.
Almost impossible to escape if someone wants to 'throw the book' at you.

Two groups of offenders show similar traits.... it seems to me

The moto helmet people and the overstayers.
Both seem to be an unruly, uncontrollable , inflexible bunch - difficult to manage.

Similar mentalities

Start keeping track and see if see my point.
Someone wanting to "throw the book" at you sounds more like an over zealous
asshole.
The overstayers seem to be an unruly, uncontrollable, inflexible bunch and
difficult to manage
?
Are you living on (a barstool) Pedro Clisante in Sosua?

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I have not heard of gringos and gringas from the usa, canada or europe getting deported in large numbers/round ups. If I called immigration DGIM, to report a illegal immigrant would they care?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Few people will become naturalized citizens.

The bulk of the people who become legal become legal residents. Doing even that is too hard for a number of people I personally know that live here full time.

There are obviously others that share the view that the risk of remaining illegally in the DR is low. Everyone has their own levels of risk they will take.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have not heard of gringos and gringas from the usa, canada or europe getting deported in large numbers/round ups. If I called immigration DGIM, to report a illegal immigrant would they care?
Give it a try, or two, and let us know.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Few people will become naturalized citizens.

The bulk of the people who become legal become legal residents. Doing even that is too hard for a number of people I personally know that live here full time.

There are obviously others that share the view that the risk of remaining illegally in the DR is low. Everyone has their own levels of risk they will take.
as stated! unless you work, own a business or real property there is absolutely no reason to go through the process. Most expats do not plan on living here to death. They go back to their mother land to check out.