I'm so proud!

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
some law will be passed,,,,,hooray!,,,,,,,,,,people will be happy,,,oh boy!,,,,,,,,money will get "diverted" or spent on something else other than children........i'm all for 10% spent on education, if the money gets to the kids, the campaign nationwide should be "NO MORE JEEPETAS!!!!!" or gas or apartments!!!!!..........at the same time it was nice to see prince charles and camilla totally brought down to the real world when their security detail took a wrong turn and the prince was confronted by a very angry mob, protesting tuition hikes of up to 300%, and the mob was yelling "off with their heads"........and they meant it......also on today's TV news was a report on the educational system in Singapore, they count it in the GDP, more important than roads. but in the DR it's more important to look good than be good and the nicer my jeepeta the more important i am. big fat inheritance tax cures these evils............

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Ditto on Mike 3. NYChic you should be happy that the buzz generated around this movement won't die soon and at least they noticed that the people want. It won't happen overtime as you have to put 30% of the entire national budget on education in order to reach the 4% of the GDP. But if by this movement we achieve sums assigned to Education to be increased every year then we are making progress!

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
yeah. i know the struggle will have to continue but it was just such a slap in the face to people who already felt so impotent. im hoping it continues. dominicans have a fire about them that needs to be put to good use.

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Education is the single most important need in the world today. It's the root of EVERYTHING! If children were properly educated from the beginning right through to technical college and university... imagine what the DR would look like... imagine what the whole world would look like!

Don't get down on the people who think it's more important to look good than to know how to read... it's not like they've had too many role models to look up to and teach them the right way. They need to be taken by the hand and be shown.

4%? Geez... I wonder what percentage was allocated to that subway?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Education is the single most important need in the world today. It's the root of EVERYTHING! If children were properly educated from the beginning right through to technical college and university... imagine what the DR would look like... imagine what the whole world would look like!

Don't get down on the people who think it's more important to look good than to know how to read... it's not like they've had too many role models to look up to and teach them the right way. They need to be taken by the hand and be shown.

4%? Geez... I wonder what percentage was allocated to that subway?

that's sweet dreaming my friend,
if Education would be in a country properly be done from the beginning, and the beginning of course starts with the Parents before the Kiddies go to preschool, then those "Educated" countries would not have Kids addicted to drugs, doing robberies, sell their bodies on the streets, do assassinations, rob banks, Kill in the name of 'God' etc etc etc.
we are living in a world Ruled by Humans,
so betya that nothing will be any close to Perfect anywhere.
We just can Try.

Mike

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Nooo,
don't take it as a downside,
always see the positive.
the theme been brought to a wide public attention and will saty in the street chit chats and also be a mayopr factor for the next president's campagnes, so it been successful.
never await that a Movement get's it's approval by a gubmint or senate right away just because some people jumped on the same train and expressed their opinion.
such never happened in the US when MLK walked the streets, such did not happen right away when the Eastern Part of Germany claimed to be United, such will not happen right away with the Big Bucks shared between the Big Shots in the DR in case of the Education Budget.
it is always a Loooong and Harmful way with loss's on that way before a Big Goal will be archivated for the People.
They will go on to Claim their Rights and one sunny day they will achieve victory.
it was never expected to happen right now Today, the Movement has to go On,
for example the Monday Protests can go on with Yellow shirts and yellow Umbrellas EVERY Monday, specially in front of the Palacio Nacional with the TV Stations and Press Present to report it Live.

Mike
Mike
Excellent...You are positive...I like it...;)
I love the quality of being positive...
some rep. points for you....lol

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR "RUNS" On An Ignorant Population!!!!

It is in the "Best Interest" of the "Rich",and the "Politicos" to have the "Ignorant Masses" available. Do you think you could get all the "Cheap Labor" if the majority of Dominicans were "educated"?
Where would you get all the "maids", gardeners,"MotoConcho/taxi" drivers,Day Laborors, Dominican,New York,and European drug dealers,and lets not forget the "Last",but not "Least",all the Dominican prostitutes working here,and more important, "aBroad" (Pardon THAT Pun!!;))who send home millions of dollars to prop up the economy.
The uneducated are necessary to the "status quo" of the "Dumb"inican economy!
Don't "Hold-Your-Breath" waiting for ANYTHING to change here!

Cris ColonCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
CC spot on as usual.
there would not be any Progress anywhere without the Ones who did not progress/''kept Unprogressed''.
at least I would not have heard about any Place 'progressing/building roads/constructing houses or cleaning up the Trash' by the Hands of Educated Wealthy old Money Family Members.

Mike