Immigration Application to Extend Tourist Card for 90 Days

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Now I get this on my email, why are they treating me like a tourist.
I was born, raised and lived 40 more years of my life in DR.
I am not a tourist, I have my roots over there
I am not taking not tourist survey, Heck nope.

JJ

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230819-193302-307.png
    Screenshot_20230819-193302-307.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: Tarheel

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Did you enter and exit with a US passport? My spouse has received this type of email 3x. He travels with a US passport not his DR one. He finds it amusing.

Reactions: Riva_31 and bachata

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Not everyone born in DR is a Dominican citizen. And everyone except for Dominican citizens and residents has to pay the exit fee. So it stands to reason you need to prove you are a Dominican citizen or resident when you exit.

I always show them my residency but I think they now have it stored in the system as they scan my passport and don't ask me for anything else.

Regarding the point about US residency, you could be born to Haitian parents in DR, they move to the US and get residency, now you get a US passport and were born in Dominican Republic but you still aren't a Dominican citizen. That's why immigration need to see proof of citizenship.

Let's face it US immigration officers are probably the rudest and most pedantic in the world, so how any US citizen can complain about Dominican immigration escapes me.
Regarding rude US immigration officers, I always show them respect and I never have a problem. However, if you come at them with an attitude they will get feisty for sure.

Reactions: JD Jones and cavok

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005

JJ
I live in North Carolina like you and there are lots of places in the state I haven't seen, and they still treat me like a tourist everywhere I go. I'm sure the DR government meant no disrespect.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I live in North Carolina like you and there are lots of places in the state I haven't seen, and they still treat me like a tourist everywhere I go. I'm sure the DR government meant no disrespect.
I like the way it was before, I didn't have to show Cédula, I wasn't scammed with overstay tourist fees.
I am kind of loosing my sympathy for Luis Abinader.
I can tell who is Dominican without op opening their mouth.

JJ

Reactions: bob saunders

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I like the way it was before, I didn't have to show Cédula, I wasn't scammed with overstay tourist fees.

JJ

That would be a good immigration policy would it? Just decide who can come in based on what they look like. I think the Australians did that for a few years and it didn't go down too well.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas

JJ
They send it to everyone, because they have the email addresses from the arrival/departure e-tickets.

Reactions: cavok

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Imagine if someone called and asked to removed from the list !!

With however many millions of them being mailed out, hard to feel targeted....... altho , I guess some people...........

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not everyone born in DR is a Dominican citizen. And everyone except for Dominican citizens and residents has to pay the exit fee. So it stands to reason you need to prove you are a Dominican citizen or resident when you exit.

I always show them my residency but I think they now have it stored in the system as they scan my passport and don't ask me for anything else.

Regarding the point about US residency, you could be born to Haitian parents in DR, they move to the US and get residency, now you get a US passport and were born in Dominican Republic but you still aren't a Dominican citizen. That's why immigration need to see proof of citizenship.

Let's face it US immigration officers are probably the rudest and most pedantic in the world, so how any US citizen can complain about Dominican immigration escapes me.
RE: US immigration etc. I lost my US passport last Monday less than one hour after I arrived at JFK from the DR. I realized when I got to my Hotel it was missing and now had 10 days to get it replaced. I just finished the most stressful week in my life other than back surgery. It is a major event to get a pp and I would say the officers I came in contact with this week acted with total professionalism and respect than I would ever had thought possible from a government agency.
I have the pp thanks to a contact with the congressman of my hometown state. I would advise all members here to NEVER lose your pp because it is very painful if you want to return to the DR quickly hang on to it with your life.

Reactions: Jan and NanSanPedro

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
RE: US immigration etc. I lost my US passport last Monday less than one hour after I arrived at JFK from the DR. I realized when I got to my Hotel it was missing and now had 10 days to get it replaced. I just finished the most stressful week in my life other than back surgery. It is a major event to get a pp and I would say the officers I came in contact with this week acted with total professionalism and respect than I would ever had thought possible from a government agency.
I have the pp thanks to a contact with the congressman of my hometown state. I would advise all members here to NEVER lose your pp because it is very painful if you want to return to the DR quickly hang on to it with your life.

There is a lot that I could say about experiences with US immigration but as this is a forum about Dominican Republic and not about the US, it doesn't belong on here.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There is a lot that I could say about experiences with US immigration but as this is a forum about Dominican Republic and not about the US, it doesn't belong on here.
You're right thats why I was surprised you brought it to the table. (post 54).

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

JJ
It’s just a survey emailed out we get it all time...tell em your pissed off in survey ,seems they want input give em some:cool:

Reactions: bachata

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Did you enter and exit with a US passport? My spouse has received this type of email 3x. He travels with a US passport not his DR one. He finds it amusing.
When you enter with a foreign passport even you have roots here the system key is Nationality passport and anything diferent than Dominican passport is a tourist. I have a friend that when he comes to DR he use his Dominican Passport.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I don't even understand what the issue is. Even though you're born somewhere you still need to show proof that you have a certain nationality. If I would go to Europe with a Dominican passport, even if in the passport it shows I was born in Europe they would not allow me in without a Visa unless I can show a European passport. You know there are also those who have forsaken their first nationality.
I've never had a problem traveling out or in with my European passport and showing my cédula that shows my Dominican nationality as well.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I don't even understand what the issue is. Even though you're born somewhere you still need to show proof that you have a certain nationality. If I would go to Europe with a Dominican passport, even if in the passport it shows I was born in Europe they would not allow me in without a Visa unless I can show a European passport. You know there are also those who have forsaken their first nationality.
I've never had a problem traveling out or in with my European passport and showing my cédula that shows my Dominican nationality as well.
Exactly That.
To be seen as a Dominican Citizen you simply travel with your Dominican Passport,
otherwise you are rightfully handled like all citizens from the country Your Shown Passport is from,
that's not handled different anywhere else.
My Daughter and I always travel with our EU Passports, as they are the easiest and most hassle free way to travel.
On Return from Europe to DR, at check in for our return flight, we get most times asked for our return tickets, which we, of course, do not have,
so we show our proof of DR residency, which is for me my Residencia Definitiva Card and for my daughter a copy of her DR Birth Certificate.
You will always and everywhere be handled the way which is usual for the citizens of the country where your passport is from, simple.