In line Water Filter Under Sink

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Any suggestions? Would be great for icemaker and vegetable washing in the kitchen sink.

Something other than a $700 unit from EcoServe.

Thoughts.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu
Sep 22, 2009
Any suggestions? Would be great for icemaker and vegetable washing in the kitchen sink.

Thoughts.
This looks like an Everything Cabarete post. Although we have a resident pool pump and filter guy. He recently posted some osmosis pressure calculations that were handy!

Reactions: GusFring

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013

Thoughts.

Yes I do. Purchase a standard 10" two filter set up with a 5 micron particulate filter followed by a carbon block filter. Change filters every 6 months. Should be less than $100.00 and filter changes less than $30.00.

Portable-10-Inch-Under-Sink-Double-Stage-Water-Purifier.jpg

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I have a simple Doulton candle filter unit installed under my sink. An eBay purchase some fourteen years ago. It's used for washing fruit, veg, salad and making tea and coffee.

Not been sick yet..........

Although I won't risk it for ice. I have an electric on demand pump from a water bottelon to supply the ice maker in the fridge.

Reactions: windeguy

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Furthermore, I did once make ice from the filtered tap water. When I dropped a few cubes into a glass of Coca Cola, it fizzed up like dropping a mento in it.

No idea what's in the water to make it do that?

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
123filter.com. this is iSpring water solutions that we have used for years. Since we have not had city water for years, put in a well with nasty water a 3, 500 gpd RO units that fill our cistern. Reliable and good service. They have many smaller units that would meet your needs.

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
Researched at all? Solutions are ro or uv or both!
RO systems dump a bunch of water to "make" clean water.
You can reinject dirty water with an electrical pump. Then it'll shorten the life of the membrane and add electrical costs. Best is to recycle the water or well dump it!

Uv needs to have carbon filters inline, may need to be on all the time, warms up the water, may burn out of on instant switch and well uses power.

Basically I kinda gave up and will keep using my clay pot. Working for years, only disadvantage is taking up room and needs monthly cleaning and it's heavy.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Basically I kinda gave up and will keep using my clay pot. Working for years, only disadvantage is taking up room and needs monthly cleaning and it's heavy.

Too much can go wrong with clay. Plus the constant cleanings. Why not just go with a Big Berkey? They take out 99.9999% of everything.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Go w/ EcoServe

They are part of the company that does NYC

I have 'whole house' from them... excellent service
We have had Zero problems since installation years ago
My houseful of women thank me for it.

Personally, I seem to skate by no matter what

EcoServe........use my name

• Haha

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Researched at all? Solutions are ro or uv or both!
RO systems dump a bunch of water to "make" clean water.
You can reinject dirty water with an electrical pump. Then it'll shorten the life of the membrane and add electrical costs. Best is to recycle the water or well dump it!

Uv needs to have carbon filters inline, may need to be on all the time, warms up the water, may burn out of on instant switch and well uses power.

The terracotta pitchers are excellent for insuring safe bacteria free water because they are impregnated with silver particles. They are also very cheap. UV is unreliable for numerous reasons, and RO is expensive and not needed because TDS (Mineral & salt removal) is not the issue here.