In Need of a Valued Partner: Anyone interested in AirBnb opportunities in Punta Cana? Property AVAILABLE for Airbnb Rental Arbitrage in Punta Cana, DR

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
This is total bull poopoo. Downtown Mall is a 8 to 10 minute drive to Bibiagua on a good day.
This guy is a scam artist. The properties around DT mall are crap.
I don't understand why the mods let this go on for over 30 posts
I won't waste time commenting on Bibijuaga "beach." If one thinks it's an asset, make sure to see it in person.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I live in the United States and have little time to watch over the unit and that is the reason I am making it available for rental arbitrage which means "rent to rent" or my potential partner can join me only for the property management part of my offer. Well, the concept of rental arbitrage has been around for a while and most people interested in investing in tourism and real estate know the concept very well.

In summary, here are the three scenarios I envision:

A. I am one of the few Dominican landowners who would be willing to rent out their property to be rented on the Airbnb platform.

B.I am providing the unit, my potential partner furnish it and manage the bookings, we both split the profits and we both get to also use the villa when is not booked by guests, in other words, when it's available. A win-win situation.

C. I might just rent it out using the traditional model (regular rent, as any other property).

Anyway, thank you so much for raising your concerns and most importantly, for your time this afternoon.

P.S. Rather than asking for money, I am looking for a trusted business partner who would like to join me in this venture given the fact that the property already exists and is available.
So a partner furnishes it and then you can go around the arbitrage agreement and use it for yourself, friends and family or rent it long term?
Rental Arbitrage is usually done to rent a property with unrestricted sublease rights.
Short term renting rents for higher rates but involves a lot more work and cleaning etc.
So is this property fully paid for with title in your hand or is their a mortgage?
What protects you from someone signing a deal and deciding to squat on the property?

Reactions: windeguy

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I have been wondering what happened to the other poster working with Punta Cana real estate. She just wanted to share general market information.

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have been wondering what happened to the other poster working with Punta Cana real estate. She just wanted to share general market information.
Don't really believe that. She may have thought she can pick up some business here. She learned a lot, but got nowhere fast...................

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Don't really believe that. She may have thought she can pick up some business here. She learned a lot, but got nowhere fast...................
I thought she was a paying advertiser on dr1. That was how it used to be. You could then write in the forum about your business/market etc but you had to avoid making it sound to directly like an add. Of course she was trying to generate leads. But if you paid to be in the dr1 directory that was then ok. I don’t know what the policy is now on dr1.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I thought she was a paying advertiser on dr1. That was how it used to be. You could then write in the forum about your business/market etc but you had to avoid making it sound to directly like an add. Of course she was trying to generate leads. But if you paid to be in the dr1 directory that was then ok. I don’t know what the policy is now on dr1.
I don't see any adds on here any more except occasionally for the lawyer. Is this still the policy?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Ever since I downloaded Adblock Plus I don't see ads anywhere.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I don't see any adds on here any more except occasionally for the lawyer. Is this still the policy?
I don’t know. But I thought that was what the Punta Cana broker was doing. The idea was that you as advertiser in the directory could comment in the forum and refer to your business but you had to create interesting content. I tried it over 10 years ago. I remember getting some negative reactions just like it happened with her. The moderators especially Robert would then go in and intervene haha.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
I don’t know. But I thought that was what the Punta Cana broker was doing. The idea was that you as advertiser in the directory could comment in the forum and refer to your business but you had to create interesting content. I tried it over 10 years ago. I remember getting some negative reactions just like it happened with her. The moderators especially Robert would then go in and intervene haha.

😂😂...🤔🤔🤔....Interesting .....🤔😂

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I used to pay for an ad on DR1 to rent my wife's apartments but that Ad part of DR1 no longer exists.
Now my wife uses Airbnb and has nothing to do with the Arbitrage type of renting. The quality of the renters has
continually decreased year over year using Airbnb. Owner beware.

I had no idea the OP is one of the only Airbnb renters that is Dominican, (yet is not even in country).
I guess I learned something new there....

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I believe that Sir. However, If your credentials are as, you say, and post why would you be inclined to offer such a low-level opportunity? You portray yourself one step away from royalty and are asking for investment money. I also notice you used the word "arbitrage", 9 out of 10 people do not have an understanding of that concept.
My same thoughts especially here where the people who are making money don't like to share

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Based on your posted credentials, I am very surprised you would be looking for a partner. In your social circle I am sure there are many worthwhile candidates for this venture. The post you made is pretty much a duplicate found on other sites, is there anything you can add to it? Was there no response on the other sites?
call it the way you see it ... there is nothing free in the world especially on this island

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
This is total bull poopoo. Downtown Mall is a 8 to 10 minute drive to Bibiagua on a good day.
This guy is a scam artist. The properties around DT mall are crap.
I concur ..even around the beach is not a good location to must rust and water over there is disgusting

Reactions: melphis

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
what happen to her we call her out on all here talking points ,, we all have been here too long to be buffaloed by buffoons who think bull crap us