In Support of the High Court Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Time will tell on that. I certainly have no idea if any international laws can be enforced against the DR on this decision.

How is Haiti going to provide paperwork for people born in La Rep?blica Dominicana? This is a mess! :)

Thousands of Dominicans don't even know when they were born, much less, have in their possession the documentation.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ok, now if all 100% Haitian babies born in the DR gets automatic citizenship, within a generation DR will turn "black", no? I don't mean to be derogatory, but Haitian women get pregnant all the time, all their life, and they have more kids.

That might be the reason why France & other European nation changed to jus sanguinis, as there are way too many Arabs & Africans in France.

you don't mean to be derogatory?

so why do i get the impression you did?

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Again, this was a boneheaded move on the part of the DR. After the earthquake Haiti is supposed to provide papers for people born on Dominican soil? This is a feat in futility.

I still would like to see those thousands of Dominicans amassed on the border because the Haitians refuse to allow Dominicans into their country. This is going to be a human disaster a few hundred miles off the coast of the US. An episode akin to a movie, or a catastrophe, like Rwanda or the Congo.

When you have the attention of the world, it should be your culture: hospitality, beaches, food, music, people, sports, etc. Not thousands of refugees suffering on a border!

No decent country in the world is going to support the DR in this exercise in recklessness. She might win a battle, but eventually, lose the war. I'm calling on cooler sane heads to prevail. :)

The best solution of compromise would be: Bateyeros, in (pa' dentro). The others, from 2004 onwards, e' pa' fuera que van.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How is Haiti going to provide paperwork for people born in La Rep?blica Dominicana? This is a mess! :)

Thousands of Dominicans don't even know when they were born, much less, have in their possession the documentation.

If a child of a US citizen is born in the DR, the US Embassy does the paperwork for that child.

Agreed that the Haitian situation is a mess in the DR. Perhaps the "International Community" can actually help Haiti at some point in time with this problem instead of forcing the DR to do something about it.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I wholeheartedly agree.

Do you know what the worse thing is, bronzie? That the judges of this tribunal know that the year 2004 should be the real cut off date for this ruling. What happens, though, is that to put that date on paper would incriminate the real mastermind behind all this.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
If a child of a US citizen is born in the DR, the US Embassy does the paperwork for that child.

Agreed that the Haitian situation is a mess in the DR. Perhaps the "International Community" can actually help Haiti at some point in time with this problem instead of forcing the DR to do something about it.

Windey, that's the problem right now in the DR , the Haitian embassy does not want to provide haitians with documentation.

Why isn't pressure being put on the Haitian Gov't? This is discrimination on the their part towards its own people. And now they're expecting the DR to fix it.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
The best solution of compromise would be: Bateyeros, in (pa' dentro). The others, from 2004 onwards, e' pa' fuera que van.

Te deseo mucha suerte! I wish you a lot of luck. I don't know if your suggestion of a compromise is a confession of an err on the part of the TC :)

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Te deseo mucha suerte! I wish you a lot of luck. I don't know if your suggestion of a compromise is a confession of an err on the part of the TC :)

On the part of the date, it is. The bateyeros (people born from sugarcane cutters brought in 1929). Have what in migratory terms is called "arraigo" (I don't know if the Anglo term would be attachment, but you get the drift), a very important thing to take into account when judging the people case by case. These judges want to cover up the fact that the recent arrivals (the ones that have come from the date I suggested), surpass the bateyeros in number by a wide margin, committing a grave injustice in the act, mixing "mansos y cimarrones".

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Well said.

You need to start a popular movement to claim back your nation.

I applaud this guy although with a grain of salt! Great, You start this movement! But, you'd better start practicing ECONOMIC AUTARCY! SMH

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006

Let's stay on topic with the situation at hand. In the US, we are working feverishly to pass the Immigration Law to regularized millions of undocumented human beings. Anyway, the TC's decision was sovereign and I think they would have to make a compromise; with pressure of course. :)

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
On the part of the date, it is. The bateyeros (people born from sugarcane cutters brought in 1929). Have what in migratory terms is called "arraigo" (I don't know if the Anglo term would be attachment, but you get the drift), a very important thing to take into account when judging the people case by case. These judges want to cover up the fact that the recent arrivals (the ones that have come from the date I suggested), surpass the bateyeros in number by a wide margin, committing a grave injustice in the act, mixing "mansos y cimarrones".

I'm against that Snake! I advocate the force removal of all illegals immediately if possible. However, I am totally against uprooting Dominicans of Haitian descent. I hope you understand my position. :)

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I'm against that Snake! I advocate the force removal of all illegals immediately if possible. However, I am totally against uprooting Dominicans of Haitian descent. I hope you understand my position. :)

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just stating the fact that the bulk of the Dominicans of Haitian descent (pre-2004) lie in the bateyero group, and that these should be protected at all costs. I think we are all clear in the fact that some distinction should be made.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just stating the fact that the bulk of the Dominicans of Haitian descent (pre-2004) lie in the bateyero group, and that these should be protected at all costs. I think we are all clear in the fact that some distinction should be made.

Truce :)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Let's stay on topic with the situation at hand. In the US, we are working feverishly to pass the Immigration Law to regularized millions of undocumented human beings. Anyway, the TC's decision was sovereign and I think they would have to make a compromise; with pressure of course. :)

Agreed. In the US nobody is working on immigration issues at this time, perhaps during the next president's term something will happen. The DR is taking action on their problems.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Agreed. In the US nobody is working on immigration issues at this time, perhaps during the next president's term something will happen. The DR is taking action on their problems.

The president has outlined tackling Immigration Reform two days ago after the government reopened. He wants to accomplish this feat before the year is over. :)

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
As i have always said, this is entirely a DR problem for DR to solve.

Expecting Haiti to provide papers for people born in DR is nonsense.

DR should do whatever it needs to do and the International should do whatever it feels it needs to do.

Haiti has 10 million people in Haiti to worry about.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The president has outlined tackling Immigration Reform two days ago after the government reopened. He wants to accomplish this feat before the year is over. :)

Good luck with that. I don't see anything happening with Obama on immigration reform. Just basing my suspicions on recent history.

As far as the DR and Haitians/residents/citizens, in order to change what has been done, someone will have to force a change from the International Law side for anything new to happen in the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.