Indian Food at Jaragua Hotel

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i take your challenge, AZB as long as you have a fully functioning toilet with wide-pipe plumbing :)
in return i am offering totally cilantro free home cooked food whenever you are in POP again :)

and you get a free chicken farm tour. hahaha
Lets see if I will have an indian BBQ in the near future so I can invite you and your esposo to my house for a good evening of food jokes and laughter.
AZB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Serving "Indian Food" without the "HOT" peppers and spices is NOT serving Indian Food!
I guess the Indians were told that Dominicans don't like "Hot" food, just repetative,bland, BORING,room temperature food,left out all day!
Indian food,just like Thai food,is no good if it doesn't BURN,on BOTH ENDS!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
A little Diahrea is just an added PLUS

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I ate there last night. The food was laid out buffet style. They HAVE toned down the spices for local taste but it's the best available around these parts. I thought of Imam AZB so i loaded up on pork.

Fixed price 1185, ITBIS 189.60, tax 118.50 total 1493.10

The chefs are from India. Their next stop is Cuba and then back to India.

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
I also did a return visit on Tuesday Evening, the pork as above was delicious, but in no way hot / spicy, the fried fish which I thought was Pakora, was excellent, as was the small salad dishes. Again I was disappointed to note the lack of breads, Garlic Naans, Kerla style breads etc, and the pappadoms didn't get crips until the 3rd or 4th serving.

Still, the staff were 100% as the day before, excellent and looking forward to their return in the future.

PS anyone know where to buy Gram Flour and Garam Masala spices in Santo Domingo, for batching the pakora and onion bajis (go really well with an ice cold Brahma !)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Try L'epicier de l'orient (Plaza Paseo de la Churchill, Roberto Pastoriza con Churchill) or Asiatico (27 con Privada)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
this approval of Indian food fits right in with my opinion that what the DR needs is a good caribbean restaurant, that serves all types of regional food. there are large communities of Indians in Trinidad, Guyana, and Jamaica. they still make a lot of their traditional dishes, not the least of which is the mighty roti, and dahl poori. had some channa, curried chick peas and ground beef, made by my Guyanese buddy. talk about simple, but wonderful. a good tandoori is also child?s play to make.