*** Inside a Cabana ***

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This thread is also 5 years old so the prices have changed for sure. And yes it's you bring your own company.

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
Does the price include a can of Ajax with bleach and a sponge to clean out the tub??

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
just a quick question,,, after reading the posts i get waht a cabana is.. what about resorts with the word cabana in their name ? Are these places actual resorts or the cabanas you are describing here???

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
just a quick question,,, after reading the posts i get waht a cabana is.. what about resorts with the word cabana in their name ? Are these places actual resorts or the cabanas you are describing here???

No, resorts are not cabanas. Cabanas don't have people running around, it's all very secretive. Read the link that Robert posted. Cabanas are rented and used for only a few hours.

Where are they?
The cabanas in Santo Domingo are usually located on the outskirts of the city, with some operating more discreetly in the city center. In Santo Domingo three places, Manresa, the 30 de Mayo and San Isidro highways, are known as areas with cabanas. Couples looking for a few minutes alone can hop on to the Malecon or the San Isidro highway and drive until they see the Las Vegas-type lights and that’s when you have arrived at the cabanas. Several small motels are also located in Villa Mella, at the entrance of Manoguayabo or at the 13th kilometer of the Duarte highway. It is impossible to list exactly where all the cabanas in the city are, but the one thing they all have in common is that most are located on the outskirts of the city, providing an extra layer of anonymity for the parties involved.

Last edited:
S

sokitoumi

Structures:
  • a small hut built with a thatched roof, most commonly built in tropical climates near bodies of water, or
  • a temporary or permanent free standing shade structure with traversing curtains, decorative drapes and/or solid walls

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I can think of 2...Natura Cabanas in Cabarete and another place near Rio San Juan. These have nothing to do with "love hotel" cabanas...they are just resorts with cabana in their name..probably referring to the accomodations being a bit "rustic".

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
i should probably try opening up cabanas in New York and see if the concept catches on, charge $40 for 4 hours and make them all nice like the ones in San Isidro....you never know, a dollar and a dream....LOL