Interest rates... why?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Banreservas did the same thing with their credit cards at the hospital where I worked, with the SAME results!
17 years later, I bet I'm the only one who still has their card!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
That just amazes me. I feel pretty confident I physically could not do it. Even if I was completely debt free and had an extra $100,000 in the bank, I could not bring myself to spend $30,000 on a jet ski I know I could buy for 1/2 in the US. If I really really wanted it, I'd buy it in Florida, park it there, and fly there a couple times a year to ride it!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
In the apartment complex I live in, there is a member of the police department who just bought a new Lexus twin turbo Jeepeta. Easily worth double what he paid for his apartment.

Most of our residents are pretty outgoing and friendly, but not this guy. He and the Coronel that lives next to me are pretty aloof.

I would worry about a police officer with a Lexus..

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
In the apartment complex I live in, there is a member of the police department who just bought a new Lexus twin turbo Jeepeta. Easily worth double what he paid for his apartment.

Most of our residents are pretty outgoing and friendly, but not this guy. He and the Coronel that lives next to me are pretty aloof.

When I lived in Imbert, I smiled every time I drove by the police station and saw a BMW and a Lexus parked out front. Every day, same two cars. Them and the padre, a brand new Hilux parked out front of the church. Here's me driving by in a '91 Monteror.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
neighbors

They could have a sideline that causes them to behave that way toward neighbors.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
You are overlooking some of the "thinking" behind these kinds of financial decisions. Part of the attraction is being able to "figurear" and "vivir como gente" (impress other people and "keep up with the Joneses") at ANY cost.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I would worry about a police officer with a Lexus..

I dunno man, kinda depends on the crime. A cop who arrests you and throws in the back of his Lexus is most likely open minded and willing to consider negotiation. He isn't making that Lexus payment by bounty hunting.