International Terrorist gathering point raided by Samana Police

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I thought the 'jamas' joke was very funny! If I could just interject a litttle substantive information about why this happened....... I am informed that the hotel owners had been forewarned earlier by a court order, to close down and not accept further guests but it would appear they disregarded it. The authorities then proceeded as in 'send in the troops'. I am also informed that the problem stems from land ownership rights. nohizlandbollah...........:cheeky:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I thought the 'jamas' joke was very funny! If I could just interject a litttle substantive information about why this happened....... I am informed that the hotel owners had been forewarned earlier by a court order, to close down and not accept further guests but it would appear they disregarded it. The authorities then proceeded as in 'send in the troops'. I am also informed that the problem stems from land ownership rights. nohizlandbollah...........:cheeky:

Good one;)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Y'all need to notch up your joke meters a little ... terrorist / tourist ...
Initial thread heading = joke! :cheeky:

Oh this thread was supposed to be a joke...Now I get it. It went completely over my head. I can see how the police barging into a hotel and throwing scared tourists out on the streets without any explanation can be hilarious...

Those crazy Dominican cops...:cheeky:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Oh this thread was supposed to be a joke...Now I get it. It went completely over my head. I can see how the police barging into a hotel and throwing scared tourists out on the streets without any explanation can be hilarious...

Those crazy Dominican cops...:cheeky:
Not the thread......
The joke is in calling tourists, terrorists.

BTW: According to some of the news reports, the owners of the hotel were aware of the impending embargo and warned to get the clients out of there before the court order was executed, but they didn't.
Perhaps they were trying to use them as a shield, thinking that the authorities wouldn't dare evict them by force.
Apparently they were wrong.
And if the news reports are true, the hotel owners would be 100% responsible for the tourists having lived through the experience, IMHO.