Internet speed

shalimar

Nov 17, 2009
My internet(Claro) speed dropped almost to a stop about 5 days ago, what is the problem, how can I solve it?

Increase Your Internet Speed By Other Tricks

1: go to ur desktop
2: right click on "My computer"
3: den select "properties"
4: den click on "HARDWARE" tab
5: den click "Device manager"
6: now u see a new window(Device manager window)
7: look down now u can see "Ports(COM & LPT)" ...click on it
8:den double click on "Communication Ports"
9: after open u can see a "Communication Port properties"..
10: now go the "Port Setting"
11: and now change ur "Bits per second" to "128000".
12: and "Flow control" change 2 "Hardware".

apply and see the result.........!

you can check your speed using some speed testers like Ip-Details.com

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Claro told me a couple of months ago that the system was acting up because they were switching over to fibre optics.....

Well maybe they are..... but it was a system-wide problem

Finally my claro multi plan was installed. Funny, I said cancel my installation and they came within 3 days. And yesterday for the first time I turned it on and connected it to internet and did a speed test and for brief 15-30 minutes or so I've got consistant 1MB/15MB dl speed. And then modem resetted and the speed went back to between 2 to 2.5 MB and now the cable isn't working. My guess would be Claro already have very capable line or fiber optic setup in Santiago but they keep us with the crappy 2MB since they still get money form us suckers with crappy services.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
what Claro plan did you pay for and what is your speed as per speedtest.net ?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
what Claro plan did you pay for and what is your speed as per speedtest.net ?

I don't have my lappy with me at work but here's my test from my Samsung captivate. I thought there was problem with my laptop so I tried it on my phone.

172257221.png

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Ooops for got to add, it was the cheapest Multi Plan Total.

Is there a way I can add golf channel for cheaper price. I don't want to move up to Avanzado just for one channel I want. I would've signup with different service if I knew this package didn't had a golf channel. :(

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
wow, that's not bad at all if you are getting that speed consistently - Claro's official speed for that plan is 2Mbps / 1 Mbps.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
is it fully stopped fully or do you get connection slowly? if you get slow connection then Follow these given below Steps
1. Go to My Computer property
2. Choose HARDWARE.
3. then you will see down there will be the option of DEVICE MANAGER Click on it
4. Your computer configuration will be adduce infront you there will be the modems section.
5. then Go to Modems Properties having right click on it
6. then go to Advanced option after that you will see a box name is Extra initialization
commands u just have to put there one command is at*fx
7. then click on ok and Enjoy High Speed of your internet
to check the connection speed try Ip-Details.com and know the speed and if you still feel it to be slow then you can contact your provider to get high speed..

WOW, this advice is a throwback to the days of dial-up internet!!!!!!!!!!!

And no, this advice will not fix the issue as described.

Last edited:

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
I don't have my lappy with me at work but here's my test from my Samsung captivate. I thought there was problem with my laptop so I tried it on my phone.

172257221.png

2 Things...

1) If you are getting that speed consistently from Claro, you are getting over on them BIG time!

2) If you are running those tests within a short time span and you are getting very different speeds (computer vs cel phone), then you definitely have issues with your computer

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
2 Things...

1) If you are getting that speed consistently from Claro, you are getting over on them BIG time!

2) If you are running those tests within a short time span and you are getting very different speeds (computer vs cel phone), then you definitely have issues with your computer

I did get consistant speed but as I said before the modem resetted after short awhile and the speed is now back to 2.5MB-2.75MB. I downloaded a new video card driver for my laptop in seconds not in half hour. All I am going to say is I think Claro already have very capable line(fiber optic) set up in some part of Santiago.

Perhaps it's my phone rooted with custom rom is the problem here? My tests from my laptop was more consistant 15.00MB and 15.04MB. I will post the link to my speedtest when I get home and I will look into this further about for
the phone.

BILLYRAY

Mar 29, 2012
I live in san pedro..i am on last month of a 18mo. Nitemare do you know of any other internet and phone service i can try thanks