Intruders!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Not so concerned about the police.

Here's what I would do.

I want two safes... one to show (in case), one not to (hard to find).
I would never buy a safe in the region... I'd buy it in la Capital or anywhere far from home and drive it over here myself. Not even neighbors would know, so there is not a trail of people who know that ol' J-D just bought a save (what of value may he have in his house to protect?).
If I must stop an intruder using deadly force I will do so without thinking twice... if possible using a silent weapon like a gun with a silencer. As another poster said, at that time one sould be less concerned about filings, the police or what ever, the other option being just plain killed. Note: If an intuder does not wear a mask so he can't be recognised I must asume that the only way he can make sure I will not pick him out of a lineup... is to kill me anyway after he got his way. So HE HAS to go.
If nobody seems to have gained knowledge of the whole showdown, I would not let anybody gain knowledge of what happened, ever. I am less concerned about the police and such than the (dead) thief's nice family. Police can be bribed whereas an angry family moring it's "angelito" coldbloodedly murdered by a rich guy like you and I hardly. So... concrete, coral reef or chicken soup for a month it is... or start a pig farm. Et voila.
If there are vitnesses. I'd make shure there will be some bullet holes from his weapon in my walls and if I can't find one, I will "lend" him one, an un-registered one. Next call my attorney, arrange for funds to be handy for my bail, representation and better food while a guest of the state, family and friends alarmed and so forth, pack my tooth brush and have my attorney arrange the meeting with the police.

I have thought many times about the "FedEx Problem".
I think that if one can have his onwn home built, it should be taken into consideration to use a double door entry layout. You let XYZ in through the 1st door which closes behind him and he faces a second door which is not open yet either. If one choses to let him in, nobody can follow im. If he starts acting funny, he's already in jail. Mail and parcels as well as the sign up sheet can be handed through a small hand-thru window... so can tool boxes of unknown contractors, before the worker is granted access... Such a system can easily be planed for at the entry gate too... Just some thoughts.

... J-D.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Here's what I would do.

I want two safes... one to show (in case), one not to (hard to find).
I would never buy a safe in the region... I'd buy it in la Capital or anywhere far from home and drive it over here myself. Not even neighbors would know, so there is not a trail of people who know that ol' J-D just bought a save (what of value may he have in his house to protect?).
If I must stop an intruder using deadly force I will do so without thinking twice... if possible using a silent weapon like a gun with a silencer. As another poster said, at that time one sould be less concerned about filings, the police or what ever, the other option being just plain killed. Note: If an intuder does not wear a mask so he can't be recognised I must asume that the only way he can make sure I will not pick him out of a lineup... is to kill me anyway after he got his way. So HE HAS to go.
If nobody seems to have gained knowledge of the whole showdown, I would not let anybody gain knowledge of what happened, ever. I am less concerned about the police and such than the (dead) thief's nice family. Police can be bribed whereas an angry family moring it's "angelito" coldbloodedly murdered by a rich guy like you and I hardly. So... concrete, coral reef or chicken soup for a month it is... or start a pig farm. Et voila.
If there are vitnesses. I'd make shure there will be some bullet holes from his weapon in my walls and if I can't find one, I will "lend" him one, an un-registered one. Next call my attorney, arrange for funds to be handy for my bail, representation and better food while a guest of the state, family and friends alarmed and so forth, pack my tooth brush and have my attorney arrange the meeting with the police.

I have thought many times about the "FedEx Problem".
I think that if one can have his onwn home built, it should be taken into consideration to use a double door entry layout. You let XYZ in through the 1st door which closes behind him and he faces a second door which is not open yet either. If one choses to let him in, nobody can follow im. If he starts acting funny, he's already in jail. Mail and parcels as well as the sign up sheet can be handed through a small hand-thru window... so can tool boxes of unknown contractors, before the worker is granted access... Such a system can easily be planed for at the entry gate too... Just some thoughts.

... J-D.

You have thought about it, but have you doneit, does it work?

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
please be advised that large caliber handguns and shotguns make an awful bloody mess, body parts on wall, ruined furniture, etc. plus clean up, when used indoors and in a concrete room LOUD! small caliber weapons when used skillfully are just as deadly, easier to conceal, cheaper and much cleaner. in the street only the sky is the limit.................

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
As I said elsewhere in a different thread, unless you KNOW that you can kill someone, getting a gun might actually make matters worse. Knowing you could wake up and kill someone in that instance is likely to take training such as having been in the military/police etc. At minimum, been happy to shoot deer etc. A documentary on BBC last year was very interesting. They demonstrated that during the WWII 90% of infantry men deliberately (subconsciously?) missed the enemy when firing and that most killing was done 'remotely' or by the remaining 10%... and that the majority of the 10% probably had an element of psychopathic tendencies!

Unless you've been trained to react but not over react, or you're one of the 10% you probably increase the risk you face if you pull a gun but then 'freeze'. I've seen some gory stuff, I could cope with the guts and blood... but personally, I'm not sure if I could pull the trigger in the first place.

So, even if you can clean up the brains and bone from the wall, survive the week in jail, keep out of the way of a vengeful family, you still have to live with yourself. A gun might be 'an' answer... but it isn't an 'easy' answer.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
please be advised that large caliber handguns and shotguns make an awful bloody mess, body parts on wall, ruined furniture, etc. plus clean up, when used indoors and in a concrete room LOUD! small caliber weapons when used skillfully are just as deadly, easier to conceal, cheaper and much cleaner. in the street only the sky is the limit.................

It depends on what one is trying to do. The NOISE of a 12 gauge will send most intruders running. Just replace the couch. A small caliber is just as lethal, problem is that the intruder does not know that they are shot... he/she now walks around bleeding all over the place and is still a problem. The LOUD makes a big difference. BTW: Most of us have a car alarm with the remote that sets off the alarm. I keep mine on me at all times, works through my house windows. Intruders don't like noise and moves the problem away from me to a more distant problem for them.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
You have thought about it, but have you doneit, does it work?

I hope you are not seriously asking me on this public forum, if I have shot any intruders, shredded them, fed'em to my hogs or secretly laid them to rest in the fundations of... what, MY home(?).

If you're question was directed to the idea of two door entries (SASE), No, I have not yet built one, but if you visit a consulate of embassy of countries like the USA, England or Spain you will most likely be led to believe that they do indeed belive in it's functionality. Most also have also a drawer box, where you are asked to leave all your stuff for a screening while you are techically locked inbetween two doors.
Many banks in countries like Spain use the double door entry systems and most if not all in France. As the following story will tell you, it works perfectly on the way out too: I once drove by a bank in France that apparently just got robbed. All I had the pleasure to observe was a pair of very frustated idiots with a bag full of money and a toy gun who found themselfes emprisoned on the way out... between two shut doors. You may want to ask them if it works, or the Police who came to free them out their misery minutes later :D .
I am not the consul or embasador of Zhamunda but when I'll build my castle here, It will be designed to incorporate an entry based on that system.

... J-D.