Investing in property in Bavaro? My and your thoughts ...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I can see it on Google Earth. It seems to be not far away from the abandoned resort and the lagoon there.

So hopefully I can combine that with some delivery to the family with dogs there. :) Hopefully next weekend.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right, near the since long abandoned hotel they pumped sand up/created a sandy beachstretch, i remember that now, all that happened many years ago. bring shoes for entering the water, pieces of rocks and shells should be present there and their cuts hurt. it is a fantastic area, because you are on your own, nobody bothers the beach afternoon.

Mike

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I hope it is not like the stretch where the Hotel is, this part is full of rubbish, bottles, plastic, who knows what else...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is that stretch, Mike.
as the area is abandoned it never gets cleaned up by anybody, what the Ocean spills up there stays there, i can imagine that quiet a load of garbage can be present there after those years.

Mike

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
We need more than a disco and a bunch fast food restaurants for it to qualify as culture. Is there going to be a theatre or concert venue?
According to rumors, an amphitheater is going to built there along with other cultural and not so cultural things.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
really?, now i am surprised.
i thought it will be a big residencial area including a large additional shopping and business area, but to also include a amphitheater?. o.k., i may be spoiled, as to me a amphitheater has a t least to be as big and as nice as the one in altos de chavon, but such would not fit across the street of the drunken chicken.
hey, i am happy for any additional cultural venue, as there is not much til now of any kind, i hope they have success

Mike

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
From the 'copter the pilot pointed out the sign marking the easternmost point. Right next to it (to the north) there was what looked like a white sand crescent-shaped beach, but maybe it was coral rock as Mike Fisher said.

I've often wondered about that beach. I first noticed it when looking on google satellite view... but now always see it when flying out of PUJ on my way home. It is SO symmetrical that I thought it must be man made, or part of some development project, but there doesn't seem to be any building of structures or roads. Does anyone know if it is natural or not?

OPPSSSS.... after reading the next few posts, my question was answered. :sleep:

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i don{t know if the buildings of the many years abandoned hotel are still there or been taken down. the place was a very long while ago(after it was already abandoned as a hotel) found out to be a drug shipping area, the area off the beach is rocky for very wide area off cabo engano, hard to patrol, specially after sunset. maybe they took the buildings down, too, but i never paid attention to that point.

Mike