irrelevant?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Firefox is now reporting DR1 as an attack site and will not let me log in, Robert needs to go to the Firefox malware section and fix it as far as I can tell.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm pretty dang sure Robert has forgotten more about server security than most folks will ever know...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Firefox is now reporting DR1 as an attack site and will not let me log in, Robert needs to go to the Firefox malware section and fix it as far as I can tell.
DR1 opens in IE, Firefox and Chrome for me just fine.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I always Visit "Qyestinable" Sites,
I visit for example DR1 on Daily Bases,
never had a problem, lol.
the reason:
DR1 is in the very short list of "trusted Sites" of My AVIRA,
so the AD's don't bother.
Robert doesn't need to sneak out my Bank Account Number,
he has it since years anyways.

Mike

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I was disabled since 3pm Friday the 15 (Very not funny Friday).

I was working with a technical support person from Microsoft. It took three hours over the phone where she remotely removed the anti-spyware SOB.

Then, when we rebooted, the virus came back.

She had to go because we spent too many hours and told me to call back.

I decided to fight it myself. She had removed almost all of it so I ran my two anti-virus software (Microsoft Essentials and AVG). This removed it but everytime I ran Mozzila it would come back and the MS Essntials would clean. I decided it might be Mozzila and removed the software. Now I am just using Internet Explorer.

Also, DR1 is being blocked by my firewall saying it has malicious software.

I am currently posting in safe mode.

Luckily, there isn't much traffic so moderating is easy. I did not miss much.

The virus is called:

This is what shows up as being removed.

Virtool:Win32/Obfuscator.JL

This is what shows up in the details. Every time a new one was cleaned up the letters and number changeds at the end. ex: ZJNPQB3N\yoawywazbtjl6[1]

file:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZJNPQB3N\yoawywazbtjl6[1].exe

Security Tools is the anti-virus program that pops up hoping one would purchase!!!!!!

I have fought these malicious viruses before but this one was a SOB charmer!!!!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Been to many sites to check this url againsts malware and DR1 is clean

Had exactly the same problem as mentioned in above posts. Now out of the blue, everything is back to normal....at least on my puter....

B in Santiago

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
No problems what so ever.

I am running Norton, IObit security 360(free), and advanced systemcare(free), plus windows defender.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no problems here, running on IE8.
Bronxboy,
by your Tracking you provided above, do you still run on IE5?
maybe IE5 has that trouble, my IE8 does not make any trouble at all on DR1.

Weird stuff in Cyberspace always,
such thingy can really be a PITAzz.
fingers crossed to stay trouble free.
good luck
Mike

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
I can confirm that I also had the same problem describe by others. I am running some "cleanup" software on my Windows machine which will hopefully take care of it. And I am making this post on one of my Linux machines (less likely to get viruses with Linux).

This is something that can happen with ANY site and is definitely NOT DR1's fault. It's part of computing. It happens ... and we (me included) just need to practice safe computing and always keep our protection up to date.

Major

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
If you have a Microsoft product as an OS, call this number 1-800-936-5700.
They will do everything you said above for free. No need for a system restore. With system restore, you will be back to the company specs. In other words, you will lose anything you installed in your computer since you first received the computer. A technician will remotely access your computer via the safe mode.

At this time, I am posting in safe mode until DR1 is safe again.;)

It was a long and exhausting night. Things happen though and no one is to be blamed. It is all part of technology.:cheeky:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have IE8 with Norton Internet Security. Just recently there was an attempted attack on my computer from I don't know where but Norton caught it and all is good. Maybe there are some big viruses going around.