Is Air Santo Domingo in Trouble???

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Air Santo Domingo

I dont know exacty but they new schedule was effective from this Wednesday, they cancelled their Friday flight (full booked eco class) and Monday's flight.

They have reduced their frequenty from 1 daily to 3 weekly by this case Aeromar have increased to daily from SDQ and STI to New York.

I hope not, Dominican Carriers you need to PROTEGERLO!!

eli

Jun 10, 2003
I don't know if they are in trouble or not but i've not heard of any problems paying JFK ports authorities or of them owing CAB close to 35 MIL. in back pax debt or maybe even TMA trying to retake the airplanes back due to lack of payment and last but not in the least i've not heard that ASD is being taken over by any company that is owed money too from ASD.

Oh by the way if ASD has cancelled all those full flights i've not heard any complaints from passengers at airports or at terminals or anywhere for that matter or maybe is just AEROMAR passengers that complain and even have to have security called on them at the various airports that they operate. Or maybe someone is trying to badmouth a company which probably planned the reduction in their flying due to slow season and is not going thru the fiasco's that AEROMAR has gone thru because of pisspoor planning.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Due to low season, extremely high exchange rate and almost lack of possibility to travel out of DR Air SD changed its schedule during low season. Flights to NYC will be operated 3 times a week until December. Airline is not in trouble at all, cancelled flights were not 100% booked, this info is not correct.

Jan 1, 2002
i think that ASD offers less flight like normaly, because ASD no cencalled, she has 3 a week and later dec daily again, you can see like soem normaly.

the problem is that ASD has 3 flight a week all time, but ASD increase again in december. low season

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
EX

Is seems that they have problems, has nothing to do economic situation DR, Today Wednesday 12th is EX702 (SDO702) delayed with 4h45 minutes and not a B757 will operate but a B727.

Falcon Air Express is operating this flights, that has confirmed my Miami coresspondent

Last edited:

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
BQ vs EX

Listen Aviastar, if some body wants to know what was happend back on the years in thsi forum just searh button about Aviastar talks about Aeromar.

Air Santo Domingo diserves the same Aviastar! And you start again with Aeromar.

they have cancelled last weeks 3 flights and now from today with the new service 3 weekly i dont see any Air Santo Domingo as SAN JUAN! (40 minutes flight).

We will see wthat will be the end of these operational problems by Air Santo Domingo

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Alright!!! now it's getting interesting by the way samana it's not called cancelled when there is a schedule change well in advance and even the passenfers are notified, not like some other airlines with hunderds of passengers stranded at the airport becuse they've just found out when they got there.

I understand the changes were planned since even here at the CAB the schedule change was notified.

As far as todays delay do some research it's called maintenance issue, i know you don't like them that much SAMANA but even you would not like to read or hear about them on CNN because they tryed to fly in what they found was an unairworthy aircraft.(at least i don't think you would)

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
today?s flight JFK SDQ was delayed because of technical problem with 757, that's why another plane was sent to cover it. Passengers received meals, drinks and all attention. This is for the first time since JFK SDQ route is served.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Samana1 said:
i hope for you AVIASTAR,

you have a lucky day, my correspondents at JFK are on vacation!

Yeah they've been on vacation since AEROMAR stopped flying to JFK on a regular basis.

Searcher

May 5, 2003
I thought Aviastar had been banned forever.

Airlines around the world are full of problems, only those that manage their business wisely....especially high and low seasons will be able to survive.....ASD has some problems...yes it does however they are doing the right thing by reducing the schedule....the schedule change was not planned it was a sudden thing...but who cares, as long as it save the company in the long run.....

Xpert

Oct 12, 2003
For what I have seen so far I think that EX has alot more potential than any other carrier that we have seen in the last 10-15 years in the D.R.

I think they have a chance to make an example and become the most succesfull Dominican Airline ever.