is beer expensive here???

ALBOO

Feb 1, 2009
i think it is, back home you can buy imported beer and domestic, here domestic is expensive let them buy it for us...at clubs and things

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Beer is expensive in the DR period.....A 12-pack of Presidentes is cheaper in SoFlo than it is in the DR....while I occasionally buy it for a DR fix...I find it way over rated. For my taste Boemia is good with certain foods, but I can only handle the taste for 3-4 beers. It's a shame the beer selection in the DR is so limited...when I emailed a picture of the beer aisle from my local Publix to my ATF, she was astounded by the choices we have.

Yesterday, it was a quart of Olde English 800....Today it's Stella Artois for Super Bowl Sunday!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
TOOBER SDQ .... I agree with you on the light.....taste like crap....but you got to look at their marketing stand point... with normal i need 4 beer(grande)to catch a little buzz, with light beer need 5, so 100,000 people drinking beer every day the beer company sells either 400,000 normal, or 500,000 light....100,000 more light = lots of revenue.... just hammerdowns beer marketing theory...lol