Is casa linda way to expensive as $/m2?

palmiche

Mar 26, 2005
Miamimike said:
These prices and miantenence fees seem extremely high to me also and I reside in Miami where real estate probably appreciated 30+% in the past year. I have been looking at many countries in south and Central AMerica along with Mexico. I think I will passing on the DR as the current prices do not correspond to value received--I would never pay those prices as one poster wrote in a 3rd world country. I bought my Studio Condo here in North Miami for $17,000(thats right $17K) in 1996. I feel I overpaid by 10% even back then.Bought in a hurry. My current maintenence is $156 monthly and my Hot water is included in my monthly maintenece. We have nice pool but I never use it as I am only 3.5 miles west of the nice beach near Bal Harbor/Surfside on Collins ave for those of you familiar with Miami and the beaches. Deals are out there if you take the time to look. One thing I will do in whatever country I buy in and that is use a 3rd party representative like an Attorney of the country I am buying in--as soon as many sellers in whatever country find out you are a Northamerican, canadian or German the prices get jacked up due to the misconception we all have tons of money to spend-so I will hid my identity until the closing and the price has been locked in.Maybe I am overly cynical but I simply seen to many scams in the Latin countries.Personally some of the best deals I have seen are in some of the areas of Argentina(out of the capital buenos aires)--and the Trout fishing and Hunting in some of the mountain regions is simply out of this world.

Very good dissertation. Good luck in putting into practice what you just said here.

Miamimike

Jan 16, 2005
palmiche said:
Very good dissertation. Good luck in putting into practice what you just said here.

Concerning Miami--not practice--actual fact and living in that apartment(purchased for $17K) as I type this presently. As far as Argentina-very reasonable prices can be had-outside of the major population centers such as BA, the capital(no secret here). Other that that-exactly what part of "putting into practice" are you referring to? Enlighten us please. Thanks.

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Argentina is a long long way for a North American, especially if they need to travel home for one reason or another. I also looked throughout much of Central America and South America but the best of both worlds for this North American was DR. Now if I lived in Miami? I might reconsider, but to get to Miami and then get to the DR, I have to leave my house, an hour north of Chicago, at 3:15 a.m. Its always a ball buster but still, the DR is the best compromise for me, particularly if I "retire" there as I'll always need to return up here for one reason or another.

Decent deals are still available on the North Coast although I don't know if anybody is going to "steal" anything. It took me a couple of years to find the right place at the right price at the right location.

palmiche

Mar 26, 2005
Miamimike said:
Concerning Miami--not practice--actual fact and living in that apartment(purchased for $17K) as I type this presently. As far as Argentina-very reasonable prices can be had-outside of the major population centers such as BA, the capital(no secret here). Other that that-exactly what part of "putting into practice" are you referring to? Enlighten us please. Thanks.

No doubt that you just paid what you said. The question is, where is the location of the condo? Conditions of the building? Regarding Argentina you could buy a decent house in Patagonia for USD $3,000 dollars. If you're not living there full time when you come back you won't find the house standing.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Miamimike said:
Let me know when you become an expert on the DR. I couldnt care less about Miami and Argentina.

vicente

May 21, 2005
Casa Linda

I have never posted to DR1 before. Howeverm I decided to post as an owner of a house in RCL. I am somewhat surprised at the negative comments. this has not been my experience. Over the past three years, I have enjoyed my trips to RCL. Each time that I visit my home (10-12 times per year), I have found everything to be delightful. I own in phase three and simply love it! I can not say enough good stuff about the development. In short, I am a big supporter. If folks would like to know more about why I love RCL so much please feel free to ask. What I can say in short is that they have provided me with a beautiful home and wonderful service. Please feel free to write me. I just wanted to post something as I feel poorly that RCL has been getting some bad press. This has not been my experience!

Vicente
RCL House Owner

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
vicente said:
I have never posted to DR1 before. Howeverm I decided to post as an owner of a house in RCL. I am somewhat surprised at the negative comments. this has not been my experience. Over the past three years, I have enjoyed my trips to RCL. Each time that I visit my home (10-12 times per year), I have found everything to be delightful. I own in phase three and simply love it! I can not say enough good stuff about the development. In short, I am a big supporter. If folks would like to know more about why I love RCL so much please feel free to ask. What I can say in short is that they have provided me with a beautiful home and wonderful service. Please feel free to write me. I just wanted to post something as I feel poorly that RCL has been getting some bad press. This has not been my experience!

Vicente
RCL House Owner
Vicente if you have never experienced any problems consider yourself lucky. Ask around on your next visit and see what other owners are saying.

Miamimike

Jan 16, 2005
palmiche said:
No doubt that you just paid what you said. The question is, where is the location of the condo? Conditions of the building? Regarding Argentina you could buy a decent house in Patagonia for USD $3,000 dollars. If you're not living there full time when you come back you won't find the house standing.

Location--North Miami.Exactly 3.5 miles between I-95 and the Beaches of Bal Harbor(this is where Bob Dole,politico resides for those of you who are familiar with him)/Surfside at 125st. the and Biscayne Blvd. Bldg. is in excellent condition--normal types of folks reside there--middle class types.I have a question though on the DR-what makes you think you are ANY more likely to find a House Standing in the DR if you are not living there then in Argentina? Are Dominicans intrinsically more honest? In Puerta Plata, in a Gated Community, not far from a Friend's Ocean Side House was located a house maybe 100 metros from Her's and it was VACANT-within a few months, the natives had it stripped and I mean stripped-took the wiring, toilets, fittings, sinks,electrical outlets--I MEAN they cleaned that place OUT. That was the DR, not Argentina my friend!That was in a GATED community--hate to see how fast it would have disappeared if it was nongated. Expert on the DR--I never claimed to be-NOT my words-I only made the statement I agree with the one poster who said he would not pay Inflated prices for real estate in a 3rd world country-seems like a prudent statement to me. ;) BTW-this house that was stripped(actually apartements) was next to a very large developement --condos, apartments,restaurant that overlooked Puerta Plata-- that went Belly-up probably 8 years back though I beleive it has been sold again. I think Panama, for a US Retiree, is the best deal going. It has a long time american influence due to the Canal(I know its been turned over), is dollarized and has a terrific program for US Retirees who qualify if they have a minimum $500 monthly SS or Pension Check.Fast track residency, discounts on many things such as meds, transportation ect. Import a NEW Car (Import Tax free) every few years. Process is very transparent and standard--try that in the DR-especially on the importing of a new car--how much tax do you pay in the DR?? ;) Each to his/her own.I'm still looking around-but for a few reasons stated probably won't be the DR-though I will continue to visit for a Vacation.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Escott said:
Wayne who was in my opinion the person giving the worst reports was also an owner and a promoter of RCL.
I suspected he had his own agenda, He has been bad mouthing CL in other places as well. What a dipstick.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Camden Tom said:
I suspected he had his own agenda, He has been bad mouthing CL in other places as well. What a dipstick.
Hey Tom if you don't know what's going on shut your mouth asshole

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
wayne said:

Hehehhe! the moderator's are going to cut your post right out of this thread. You seem to be the one not knowing what's going on... on the board. If I had any inclincation to pay any attention to what you were saying, with this comment you'll not get respect from anyone anywhere... So, you'll be the one shutting your mouth..

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Chris said:
Hehehhe! the moderator's are going to cut your post right out of this thread. You seem to be the one not knowing what's going on... on the board. If I had any inclincation to pay any attention to what you were saying, with this comment you'll not get respect from anyone anywhere... So, you'll be the one shutting your mouth..
So it's ok for another person who doesn't know the situation in casa linda to call me a dipstick but i'm not allowed to say a word. Well i lived there and experienced these problems first hand. When i first discovered casa linda i was very happy with the community but in the past few months the problems have been very serious. My wife was even threatened which i would consider a serious matter. I will say the same to you as i did to tom, shut up if you don't know the situation first hand.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Camden Tom said:
Oh tom one more thing. I won't mention the name but one of your friends who owns in casa linda emailed me to inform me of the problems. I guess i'm not the only dipstick.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Such an excitable fellow you are.

wayne said:
Actually, I do know a bit about CL, having been a CL homeowner for a couple years (which I no longer am). My issue with your BS is that you failed to disclose your personal bias toward CL. Instead you act as if you have some secret info and feebly start trying to spread rumors about title problems. And where is the source if this rumor? I suspect it is you. Personally, I think that CL builds a good house at a fair price, good security, good maintainence and mgmt.

BTW...I HAVE NO VESTED INTEREST IN CASA LINDA.

That's called disclosure Wayne, try it some time. People will persive you to be more honest about your opinion.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Camden Tom said:
Actually, I do know a bit about CL, having been a CL homeowner for a couple years (which I no longer am). My issue with your BS is that you failed to disclose your personal bias toward CL. Instead you act as if you have some secret info and feebly start trying to spread rumors about title problems. And where is the source if this rumor? I suspect it is you. Personally, I think that CL builds a good house at a fair price, good security, good maintainence and mgmt.

BTW...I HAVE NO VESTED INTEREST IN CASA LINDA.

That's called disclosure Wayne, try it some time. People will persive you to be more honest about your opinion.
Tom you may have owned in casa linda a few years ago but unless you have lived there recently you really don't know whats going on. As i sais before ask your friend if i was making things up in regards to the problems mentioned. I will repeat myself again and hope it sinks in this time. We experienced some serious problems with renters and hookers in the complex. The disturbance would go on all night and security would do nothing about this. My wife was also threatened when she asked the people to keep the noise down. This was not an isolated occurence as it went on frequently through the winter months.

In regards to the rumours i was told by local realtors not to purchase in phase 4. If you or anyone else would like names i will pm you upon request.

You have your opinion on current building cost in casa linda and i have mine. I guess it's up to whoever is buying to determine if the price is fair.

My comments on the other board were an opinion which i believe is still allowed. The post was advertising a house for sale in rcl and stating it was a good deal because it was not through a realtor therefore no fees were inflating the price. My comment was seems like a lot of money for casa linda, must be a large fee in the price. If this is bashing i guess one of us doesn't know the meaning.

Tom i hope this clears things up. And also i am not in the habit of name calling but you had no business throwing the first stone.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Camden Tom said:
Actually, I was refering to his same nonsence on "the other board"
Tom, if he posted it here and there he is just consistant. I just can't figure out why you are even bothering with that "other" board. You are not enough of a misfit.

What is it that he has said that turns your crank so hard?

Escott

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
I Hope So

MiamiMike.

I know my house is still there with all of the stuff in it. I just hope my Benz is still there.