Is Sto Dgo one of the 10 most dagerous cities in the world? IDTS

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
oh plz, i was in DR this year for months, and i hung out in one of the most dangerous places in DR...and nothing ever happened....

And where might that be????????????

..and usually when you with someone who is from that bad area, chances are nothing is going to happen because people know him/or her..

That could be a prime reason for something TO happen. Depending on who he knows.

vcjazi

Sep 14, 2011
i agree...people make it look like its sooooo bad, but you arrive, its nothing like that..

vcjazi

Sep 14, 2011
nope..by my experience... nothing happens...not saying its not going to, just saying its rare

Gilles Beaulieu

Apr 7, 2010
Giles, can't you back up your bullspit?

I'm not doing your "research" for you...
I never tel you to make a research for me.
I told you I read the ?? Peridicos diarios de la Repblica Dominicana.?? every days .
If you want know your country .Start to read ?? Peridicos diarios de la Repblica Dominicana.?? every day.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
@ Juartzn.
Only in the month of April 2011 there were 131 deaths including 99 murders in the DR of that number 32 tourists. And for a population of 10 million.
I would like to know where in Canada there are 99 murders a month.
For your information in Quebec as of September 14, 2011 we are at 22 murders since the beginning of the year, for a population of 9,000,000.
While the DR has had 99 murders just for the month of April 2011.
Before talking nonsense informed.
Gilles Beaulieu.Montr?aL.

He didn't say anything about Canada being worse. He said the US or Mexico.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I never tel you to make a research for me.
I told you I read the ?? Peridicos diarios de la Repblica Dominicana.?? every days .
If you want know your country .Start to read ?? Peridicos diarios de la Repblica Dominicana.?? every day.
And I say you're pulling stats out of your A$$...

It's amazing how quickly credibiity can just ~vanish~, huh? Good luck getting it back, Giles.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Look, do not beat up the French guy.. It has been on a number of lists that Santo Domingo has made the top ten list for murders this year. Do not know how it happened but it did, Google is your friend.

It is NOT true that the US Embassy issued a special warning.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Nice to see all the posters who don't live in Santo Domingo,read the Santo Domingo newspapers,or watch Santo Domingo TV stations,commenting on the safety of SANTO DOMINGO!
I do ,"All of The Above",and Santo Domingo IS a very dangerous city!
I never go out after dark anymore,Not Safe!!!!!!!

Cris ColonCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcc

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Look, do not beat up the French guy...
Frenchy gets whacked for posting pure baloney. He gets whacked again for not having the balls to admit his bullspit. But "French" and "no balls" is redundant*.

Santo Domingo unsafe? Prolly some areas more than others. But, hell, Kansas City and Memphis are also unsafe...depending where you are. London and Paris could be considered unsafe, as well...

*for him...:cheeky:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
@ Juartzn.
Only in the month of April 2011 there were 131 deaths including 99 murders in the DR of that number 32 tourists. And for a population of 10 million.
For your information in Quebec as of September 14, 2011 we are at 22 murders since the beginning of the year, for a population of 9,000,000.

...Before you talk nonsense why don't you read my post and DIGEST it before you open your mouth. Nowhere did I say that Canada was dangerous. I said the US Department warnings are just standard warnings they give to tourists and they do that even for countries such as Canada. While The DR is not the same safe country it used to be I still would rather be stranded somewhere in Santo Domingo than in one of those places mentioned above, even some of those US towns mentioned here (i.e. East St. Louis, Gary, Detroit, etc)

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
@ Juartzn.

That is a whole country. You have in the usa that double that. New york. Californaia, florida. Thats good compare to sone states smh