Is there a Doctor or Homeopath on kidney stones on the North Coast?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
trying to flush them by methods outlined on the internet could cause worse problems if they get stuck during the flush

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
trying to flush them by methods outlined on the internet could cause worse problems if they get stuck during the flush

Are you a urologist now Dr Betty?
They have to pass or be blasted by sonar, or surgically removed, OUCH.
Have the patient drink, drink, and drink MAJOR amounts of water and they will either pass or get stuck.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Well carefull about drinking a lot when the problem has occured. Drinking is for prevention. If you drink with little stones, they could could go and leave by the natural way. If they're too big, drinking will get it worse as the pressure will increase. The pain is awfull, your friend needs to go to the emergency. Get morphine. And scanner to determine the size and position of the stones. Then the doctor will decide what to do

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Had it once...Don't wish it on anyone...I had surgery scheduled and 2 days before it passed. I picked it out of the toilet and it was the size of a grain of rice. The doctor told me it was a rather large one to pass naturally. I guess the surgery scared the stone out of me.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Okay, now don't laugh.

I had a kidney stone. Painful.

My brother-in-law insisted I try his suegro's campo cure. I didn't want to try anything weird, but when he told me what it was I decided it couldn't hurt, and I wouldn't hurt their feelings. I had to take a raw egg, in its shell, and put it in a mug. I had to add a bit of salt and enough fresh lime juice to cover the egg. Put the mug into the refrigerator 24 hours. Then remove the egg from the mug and throw it away [it was all mushy], and then drink down the mixture. Had to do it 2-3 days in a row. Next time I went for tests, stone was gone.

Now I can't swear that the campo cure did it, I may have passed it naturally, but......

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Now I can't swear that the campo cure did it, I may have passed it naturally, but......

I cured a kidney stone with Vee-Vapo-Ro once, plus 14 gallons of water.

After you get a CT scan to see it, the urologist prescribes major amounts of water, and then it's either surgery with a tiny tiny man in your Willy/Willette or ultrasound to break it up.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I had one stuck... believe me, it is NO picnic. the only good thing were the pain meds. :) had the sonic thing done, but by the size of the stone that finally emerged, I question whether that did anything. At the same time doc installed a stent. I was out cold for the installation, (Thank God), BUT... a week or two later was wide awake for the retrieval of the stent after the stone passed. That was when I learned to LISTEN TO NURSES. The nurse at the hospital warned me in advance to take an oxycontin before my eventual appointment to remove the stent. She said the doc's office would tell me it wouldn't be necessary since they use a local anesthesia, but to take it anyway. Like a fool, I listened to doc's office, and didn't take it.... oh how I wish I had. It wasn't as bad as the stone, because the procedure was done in a couple of minutes... but wow... that was no picnic either. BOTTOM LINE... always listen to the nurse. LOL

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I had one stuck... believe me, it is NO picnic. the only good thing were the pain meds. :) had the sonic thing done, but by the size of the stone that finally emerged, I question whether that did anything. At the same time doc installed a stent. I was out cold for the installation, (Thank God), BUT... a week or two later was wide awake for the retrieval of the stent after the stone passed. That was when I learned to LISTEN TO NURSES. The nurse at the hospital warned me in advance to take an oxycontin before my eventual appointment to remove the stent. She said the doc's office would tell me it wouldn't be necessary since they use a local anesthesia, but to take it anyway. Like a fool, I listened to doc's office, and didn't take it.... oh how I wish I had. It wasn't as bad as the stone, because the procedure was done in a couple of minutes... but wow... that was no picnic either. BOTTOM LINE... always listen to the nurse. LOL

Where did you have a stent installed?