Is there Uber in Puerto Plata?

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I'll need to catch a ride from the Caribe Tours bus stop to Puerto Plata airport.

Can I do this through Uber or is the regular taxi my only option in that city?

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
I'll need to catch a ride from the Caribe Tours bus stop to Puerto Plata airport.

Yes, we have Uber here for years in Puerto Plata. But taxis are not a lot more expensive, especially VIP taxi.

Reactions: DR fan1990

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Why not take the bus to Caribe Tours in Charamicos then you are closer to the airport

Reactions: DR fan1990

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Yes, we have Uber here for years in Puerto Plata. But taxis are not a lot more expensive, especially VIP taxi.
Agreed. Over the past several years every single uber in Puerto Plata has upcharged me after accepting the trip. With that, there's not much difference between uber and the guys outside the bus station. Different story in the cities.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you do not have luggage stored under the bus, I've seen passengers ask to be left off at the side of the road in various places. You might be able to get off right at the airport, with a ticket to Sosua, if you don't mind walking in from the highway.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
If you do not have luggage stored under the bus, I've seen passengers ask to be left off at the side of the road in various places. You might be able to get off right at the airport, with a ticket to Sosua, if you don't mind walking in from the highway.
I've tried that - there are a couple of places on the Santiago to Sosua route on Caribe Tours - Imbert, Montellano, and La Union are three I have personally observed recently. But not at Playa Dorado or the airport. I'm told that's because they are lucrative destinations for taxis and we all know how the taxi mafia works.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Isn't Charamicos in Sosua?
So Sosua is closer to Puerta Plata airport than actual Puerto Plata city?
Sosúa is in Puerto Plata province. It's like Las Américas is in Boca Chica municipality, but it's also in Santo Domingo province. Cibao in Santiago province, etc.