Is this a Dominican invention?

AZB

Jan 2, 2002
On my recent trip to NY I saw this in a bathroom. Seems like controls on the wall for water spray cleaning of the private areas after using the toilet.
The name of the brand aroused my curiosity, could this be a dominican invention?
Look at it for yourselves.

The spray cleaning device is fitted into the toilet seat itself.

AZB

Jan 2, 2002
Moderators, please fix my heading. It should be "is this a dominican invention?"

FernieBee

Feb 20, 2008
The first time I stepped in front of a Toto-brand urinal, a few months ago, here in California, well, that made me chuckle, since that word has such a strong and different meaning in the DR.

corsair74

Jul 3, 2006
Looks like some sort of electric bidet.

In NY huh? Bidets are common in other parts of the world, but I've never seen one in the states.

However, I have seen a few in the DR. None called "Toto" though. LOL!!!:p

I mean, wow! Combining a crude nickname for female plumbing, with good old fashioned potty humor?

You just can't make stuff like this up.;)

Vince.

jrhartley

Sep 10, 2008
did you go for the front or rear cleansing option ........no dont tell me on second thoughts

AZB

Jan 2, 2002
Its installed in my friend's house in staten island. The device is brought from japan. I simply used it for #1. So i didn't fool around with buttons. I was afraid to mess up his wife's private setting.
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
'Toto' means child in Swahili. I wonder what Dominicans made of the movie 'The Kitchen Toto' from the 1980s.

I notice that Dominican radio presenters make a point of pronouncing the name of 1980s band Toto in a contrived American accent - 'Toe-Roe'.

Anyone know what it means in Japanese?

Reactions: FernieBee

Chip

Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
These are common in France and there was one in my room at a hotel I was at in Samana owned by some frenchies. By the way the food was excellant, try it out - "Hotel La Tambora"

Aug 25, 2008
Toto brand

Actually, I work in one of the largest hardware stores here in Santiago, and we sell this brand. It comes from Spain, as far as I know, and yes the name apparently means nothing over there but has caused marketing problems (I understand in other Latin-american countries as well.) It is very upscale though, so any with one of these has made quite an inversion in their bathrooms.

margaret

Aug 9, 2006
I simply used it for #1. So i didn't fool around with buttons. I was afraid to mess up his wife's private setting.
AZB
You were sitting I hope! :cheeky: This falls into the category of "too much information." Now I have to get that picture out of my head...

AZB

Jan 2, 2002
You were sitting I hope! :cheeky: This falls into the category of "too much information." Now I have to get that picture out of my head...
I am a man, so #1 means I was standing.
maybe you needed some more information to understand my position better. :)
AZB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
These are common in France and there was one in my room at a hotel I was at in Samana owned by some frenchies. By the way the food was excellant, try it out - "Hotel La Tambora"
The owners are Italian...