Is this reasonable?

Sep 19, 2005
to the OP...I would suggest the private car from a VERY reputable source...one that yiou know ahead of time the make and model of the vehicle and its condition...

because with this means of transportation, you have all the options available to you that can benefit you. It is just you can your spouse...you can ask to stop for pictures anyplace, and might even get a few suggestions . You can stop at a little store or cafe for a drink or a snack. You can stop to use the rest room if you like. you dont have to listen to crying babies or loud awful music, and you dont have to smell the guy that didnt have to time to shower before he caught the bus...

for another $100...and you are more likely on time with out using up a 4 hour cushion to make sure of it.

bob

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
Relax

Poppie

Why on earth are you messaging people that offered to help you saying you have arranged all your transport and then posting more ficticious questions on this board?? Why dont you stand by the side of the road in your thong and stick your thumb out:pirate:

I know you are still upset because I won't bring you your meds, but this arrangement is for when we depart from the DR in Santo Domingo not when we arrive in the DR from POP.

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
How does this sound?

To the OP, yes you will save money taking Caribe tours, but make sure to check the schedule! THis might not work depending on when you need to be at the airport.

Isaira tours is very dependable, he will not use a taxi but his own vehicles and english speaking drivers. He will get you there safely and on time.

So it sounds like the reliable thing to do is use Isaira Tours or rent a car. We will probably decide when we get there. We might want to rent a car anyway for sight seeing. If that's the case we would be better off taking the car to Santo Domingo and leaving it at the airport. We'll just need good directions. Does that sound like a good plan?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
So it sounds like the reliable thing to do is use Isaira Tours or rent a car. We will probably decide when we get there. We might want to rent a car anyway for sight seeing. If that's the case we would be better off taking the car to Santo Domingo and leaving it at the airport. We'll just need good directions. Does that sound like a good plan?
As long as you are dealing with a company that allows the drop off, and doesn't charge you a small fortune.

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
Mauri Moto

As long as you are dealing with a company that allows the drop off, and doesn't charge you a small fortune.

True. I was already quoted $55 for pick up from Santo Domingo. The business is called Mauri Moto... has anyone heard of them? Do they have reliable vehicles?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
To the OP - have you driven here before? You might want to think twice about driving from here to Santo Domingo! It is not an easy drive depending on your level of comfort driving here, if you speak spanish (in case of trouble), night driving (depending on time of day) detours due to all the construction getting though Santo Domingo.........

Cost wise - daily rental rate, extra cost to drop car in Santo Domingo, gas etc etc....... Take a good look at this option first. Just my 2 pesos worth.....

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
To the OP - have you driven here before? You might want to think twice about driving from here to Santo Domingo! It is not an easy drive depending on your level of comfort driving here, if you speak spanish (in case of trouble), night driving (depending on time of day) detours due to all the construction getting though Santo Domingo.........

Cost wise - daily rental rate, extra cost to drop car in Santo Domingo, gas etc etc....... Take a good look at this option first. Just my 2 pesos worth.....

Thanks Planner! I would definitely NOT drive in the DR! I grew up driving in California and have no business attempting such a thing. However, my husband was born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela up until three years ago when he came to the U.S. He, on the other hand, is experienced enough and wouldn't mind. Although he will have to make a final decision once we are in the DR and can see the driving conditions as well as check the cost, like you said, of renting, gas, drop off, etc...
The decision on driving will be his and I trust him. We will still keep the transfer service in mind as well.

mspattya

Oct 2, 2006
My apartment is in Cabarete and I fly in and out of Santo Domingo . Caribe tours is the most reasonable and comfortable form of transport for this leg of my journey and I think the price is about 12.00 us

relaxtime

Apr 3, 2007
My apartment is in Cabarete and I fly in and out of Santo Domingo . Caribe tours is the most reasonable and comfortable form of transport for this leg of my journey and I think the price is about 12.00 us

Thanks for the suggestion! ;)