Issuing A Challenge To All Visiting The Dr

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Merry Christmas

Wishing all of the great people of this forum a very safe, and wonderful Christmas, and may the New Year bring you happiness, and love.

Thanking all of you who have taken the effort to accept the Challenge, and make a difference in the lives of the children of the Dominican.

Feliz Navidad

Jimmy

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
New Year...New Beginnings

Hello good posters, and surfers of DR1.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of those good travellers who have made the past year a very huge success, with more donations being submitted to the DREAM Project than originally predicted.

With the coming of 2005, we hope, and trust that the good people of this forum will continue to support not only the DREAM Project, and the Fiesta Committee, but also the other reputable organizations that require assistance for the children of the Dominican.

We here at the Fiesta Committee are currently hard at work to organize a couple of new ventures, and will be announcing them soon. One, which we hope will bring together many of the fine organizations that do require your kind assistance, and make one organization, which will better aide all of the children.

Big goals, but you the good people of this, and other forums have shown great generosity, and kindness, and I am sure that all of the future ventures will be a success.

Thank you for a wonderful 2004, and we look forward to assisting all of you in 2005!

Cheers
Jimmy
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

travelchickvill

Jan 11, 2005
How to help in the Southeastern coast?

I am a teacher from the U.S. who will be visiting the southeast coast in April. I would very much like to bring supplies that my class can donate; however, I will be staying no where near Cabarete. Is there a way I can still donate in the La Romana/Bayahibe area? I visited the web site you were talking about, and, as I understood it, you have to drop off the supplies --unless I missed something. Can anyone help out with this question? Thanks!

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Assistance

travelchickvill said:
I am a teacher from the U.S. who will be visiting the southeast coast in April. I would very much like to bring supplies that my class can donate; however, I will be staying no where near Cabarete. Is there a way I can still donate in the La Romana/Bayahibe area? I visited the web site you were talking about, and, as I understood it, you have to drop off the supplies --unless I missed something. Can anyone help out with this question? Thanks!

Hola!

We will certainly assist you in any way possible to make sure that your very kind donation's reach the DREAM Project, and ultimately the children of the Dominican.

If we cannot get them to the DREAM Project, we will assist you in getting them to another fine oranization.

Please e mail us with your vacation details (where exactly you will be) and we will make arrangements from there.

info@fiesta.webcentre.ca

Looking forward to hearing from you in the very near future, and thank you, both for contacting us, and for your very kind heart!

Cheers
Jimmy
Fiesta Committee Member
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

DREAM...of assisting the education of the Dominican children
DREAM...of assisting the DREAM Project in this goal
DREAM...of a FREE Dominican Vacation
DREAM...of doing all 3 with one kind $20 donation
"DREAM Vacation" vouchers are available...details are at
http://fiesta.webcentre.ca/dreamvacation.html

Red_Girl

Mar 5, 2004
Hola! Just wanted to let you know that I've been in touch with Sanghita at the Dream Project, and she is currently working out a way to pick up my donation - I'll be in town next week. FYI for travellers - in addition to things listed on the website, the project is in need of large ziploc bags.

Thanks for everything you've done to make us all aware of how we can help, Jimmy, and putting us in touch with the right people. It's greatly appreciated!

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Thank you!

Red_Girl said:
Hola! Just wanted to let you know that I've been in touch with Sanghita at the Dream Project, and she is currently working out a way to pick up my donation - I'll be in town next week. FYI for travellers - in addition to things listed on the website, the project is in need of large ziploc bags.

Thanks for everything you've done to make us all aware of how we can help, Jimmy, and putting us in touch with the right people. It's greatly appreciated!

Thats not a problem, and your kind words are appreciated!

In all honesty, it is a great pleasure to assist the good people as yourself, and the many others who have made contributions, great and small, to the wonderful people of the Dominican.

It is YOU GOOD PEOPLE who make the difference, so I must say THANK YOU for doing so, and making this "Challenge" such a success!

Great to hear responses from people, and we are looking forward to many more over this the "high time" of travel!

Cheers
Jimmy
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

westcoastfantas

Dec 30, 2004
Outback Safari

We plan on bringing some school supplies with us on our trip in June. We are going on one of the safari tours where they stop at a local school. I understand that Outback has a charitable foundation supporting these schools.

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
westcoastfantas said:
We plan on bringing some school supplies with us on our trip in June. We are going on one of the safari tours where they stop at a local school. I understand that Outback has a charitable foundation supporting these schools.

That my good people, you would have to take up with Outback Safari.

You can contact them at their website.

http://www.outbacksafari.com.do/

Cheers
Jimmy
Fiesta Committee
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
Fyi

Just to let you know that I truly believe in bringing what I can down to help the people in the DR. My checked-in luggage will be filled with nothing else than donated medical supplies, beanie babies and pencils. I was surprised by the amount of letter writing, etc. that needed to be done to do this, but I feel it is worth it. It takes a little time out of your busy day, but the smiles it will bring is something to behold.

I can't imagine, anymore, coming to visit without bringing much needed supplies. I don't have much to give personally, but have found many people in my community who have the where-with-all to do what I can't. All it takes is a few phone calls, visits, etc. to find those who do have the means to donate.

I personally bring gifts for those people who help me disperse the gifts, provide tours of their communities and those at my hotel who give me service, as that is what I am able to give. You don't have to be rich to give to the DR. Just a little ingenuity.

Take a chance and bring what you can. It will make your vacation more than just a time away.

Tondra

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
RTB Banner Presentation

The following is a link to the photo of the "banner" presentation made to Mr Thom Scheele.

The banner will be sent to the DREAM Proejct, which in turn will then be presented to the children.

The banner is signed by all who made donations, and names of people who made donations prior to our visit to the Iberostar.

Thank you once again to all, as the signatures, and names, will show the fine children that there are many good people in this world, who not only care, but are willing to take the time, and effort to make a difference!

Cheers
Jimmy

http://community.webshots.com/scrip...D=305485979&photoID=305489136&security=OQGaZk

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Scoobster said:
The following is a link to the photo of the "banner" presentation made to Mr Thom Scheele.

The banner will be sent to the DREAM Proejct, which in turn will then be presented to the children.

The banner is signed by all who made donations, and names of people who made donations prior to our visit to the Iberostar.

Thank you once again to all, as the signatures, and names, will show the fine children that there are many good people in this world, who not only care, but are willing to take the time, and effort to make a difference!

Cheers
Jimmy

http://community.webshots.com/scrip...D=305485979&photoID=305489136&security=OQGaZk

Sorry, as the link posted is not functioning.

Here is a link that does work.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/150597/index.html

Cheers
Jimmy

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
More reasons to Assist

Hola good posters of DR1!

I am happy to report to you this morning of the DREAM Project's openning of a "Pre-School" in the Montellono Batey.

They will be doing there very best to provide the very young children here with a "jump start" on education.

Much is needed for this undertaking, and little things could be kindly donated, if you so choose to.

Items that are currently required for the operation of the pre-school;

1. Big tubs of peanut butter

2. Monetary donations toward teachers' salary.

3. Clothing

3. Medium and large size legos

4. PlayDoe

5. Although they are heavy.... Lots of blocks

If any of you very generous people would like to assist the DREAM Project with their needs, please contact me at the Fiesta Committee, and we can assist you in making arrangements for either a "pick-up" or personal delivery of your donations.

info@fiesta.webcentre.ca

For any other information with regards to how you could assist other fine organizations in the Dominican, you may also check out our website, for this, and other great information on assisting the children through kindness.

We appreciate all of your support to this point, and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Cheers
Jimmy
Fiesta Committee
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

The "DREAM Vacation Give Away" draw is this July 23.
Get your voucher today, and you could win a FREE Dominican vacation!
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Summer Camp

Hola good posters of DDT!

Here to inform you of some important news, with regards to the children of the Dominican Republic.

The DREAM Project will be hosting a Summer Camp for some 160 children this summer, affording these kids with the chance of a great summer holiday.

There is a need though for soft sided lunch boxes, which the children will require for their daily snacks.

If you can assist, please contact us, and we will gladly direct your kindness to the DREAM Project.

jimmy@beyondthebeach.org

lyndsey@beyondthebeach.org

Remember that the DREAM Vacation Give Away will be drawn this coming July 23, at the Fiesta.

For more information, or to make a kind donation towards receiving one of the 500 "Appreciation Vouchers", please visit our site.

www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

Cheers
Jimmy
Director - Project Coordinator
"Beyond the Beach"
The Debbie's Dominican Republic Children's Foundation

lucillestanziale

Jul 28, 2007
I am visiting Puerta Plata in Nov. with educators, and some health professional would like to donate personally to schools school supplies and some medical supplies(bandaide, ointment, ect... who would I have to contact to arrange this?

lucillestanziale

Jul 28, 2007
How to visit schools in Puerta plata

I am visiting Puerta Plata in Nov. with several educators and health professional. We would like to visitsome schools personally to donate supplies. How do i arrrange to do this

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am visiting Puerta Plata in Nov. with several educators and health professional. We would like to visitsome schools personally to donate supplies. How do i arrrange to do this

If you don''t get the replies via this thread, I suggest you post a fresh one of your own with regard to the supplies you have to donate as I am sure there are plenty of deserving causes but they may not look on here! I am sure you will get all the advice and help you need.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
lucillestanziale,
Let me know which hotel you are staying in & I will gladly pick you up & take you to Integracion Juvenil - a school situated just across the road from Playa Dorada hotel complex, for deprived & underprivileged children.

The bandaids, ointmemts & basic medical stuff will be greatly appreciated by the school I am sure but anything in the way of tablets, creams medicines that you can get your hands on too, will be able to be delivered to the medical centre situated on the same site.

Feel free to PM me (click on my username & then click on 'Send New PM) or go via the e-mail facility. Tell me where you are staying, how many of you will want to visit the school, dates you are here, ....... & I'll take it from there!!

Thanks for the thought (even though this thread IS over two years old!!). ~ Grahame.