It looks like the DR will not reopen to tourism on 1 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
just open up the beaches and hotels. people who want to enjoy life, will come out and play, the rest of you folks should just stay at home with 2 masks on and watch TV's daily covid death counts. We have to move on and normalize the life. this virus will pass through everyone so like it our love it, it's coming your way, no matter what.
Have a nice day.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
People are starving and they've probably stolen the loan money. Its the only option they have left from their biggest base of tourists. They'll deal with the repercussions later but they need money now.

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018
Hello! Hope you are well. Please confirm with the airline as the borders will officially open on the 5th.
I just checked the company website at 1040p ET on 6/30. 493 is no-op on 7-1 but is operating July 2-5. Maybe they are cancelling on a rolling day to day basis. And since DL is still only booking 60%,the flight has 0 seats available, as opposed to the other carriers selling every seat.

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018
Until now, yes, they will reopen. The last resolution from the Ministry of Public Health is basically trying to avoid activities that require large conglomeration of people in one place.
And Miami and the Keys are closing their beaches for our July 4 weekend.

karmatourer

Nov 15, 2018
Why is it fear mongering, the authorities in those areas are fearful and are rolling back the reopening that took place which it's thought led to the rise in cases
Just look at the USA as an example!!!!!!! I live in Florida and see it daily. My STATE had more infections that all but 2 COUNTRIES (Brazil & India) 1 day last week. Let that sink in.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
What do you base that baseless conspiracy theory on? A hunch?
Not a conspiracy or a hunch at all. I look at the reported YTD numbers of all the common flu bugs that are normally reported by the variuos organizations world wide. Most report a drastic drop of all the other respiratory diseases while covid has surpassed 510,000 YTD deaths.

Normally a combination of H1N1, Swine flu, pneumonia etc claim upwards of 650,000 deaths world wide yet this year they do not. Perhaps you could enlighten us all and explain when all the other respiratory illnesses were eradicated and only Covid kills people.

Please get back to us at your earliest convenience when you are done blaming people for inability to look this stuff up.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Just look at the USA as an example!!!!!!! I live in Florida and see it daily. My STATE had more infections that all but 2 COUNTRIES (Brazil & India) 1 day last week. Let that sink in.
Of course it's going to hit Florida hard. The majority of the population is over 90 and lives in extended health care. If you haven't been paying attention over 80% of the deaths are seniors living in extended health care facilities.

You really need to get out of self isolation and research this stuff. It's readily available. Even in large print with pictures.

The number of confirmed infections, which took roughly 40 days to double after hitting five million in May, may be substantially underestimated, public health officials say. Data released last week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicated that the actual figures in many regions of the United States are probably 10 times as high as reported.
So if the numbers infected are so much higher it just proves its not deadly at all, So stop with this sham

Status
Not open for further replies.