italian accused of running fake oil business

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Good article D. They didn't mention the one I've heard most often - that "they" grind guandules with the coffee beans. P

interesting, i did not know about that. most often PN closes businesses making either fake meds or booze.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
Don Corleone was also officially just a "modest olive oil importer"......
Do you know that joke ?:
Economic Models Explained With Cows

AMERICAN CAPITALISM; You have two cows. You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows. Later, you hire a consultant to analyse why the cow has dropped dead.

SWISS CAPITALISM; You have 5,000 cows. None of them belong to you. You charge the owners for storing them.

ITALIAN CAPITALISM; You have two cows, but you don’t know where they are. You decide to have lunch.

ha ha ha :)

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I love how they are encouraging anyone who bought a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from one of those brands to demand compensation for up to 5000 Euros. I wonder if they will be encouraging Dominicans to do the same? Now THAT's what I call a lynch-mob.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
i read about this before, not even that long ago. few years ago when thete was a scandal about sand in brown sugar hoy run a short story about products falsified in DR and there are quite a lot of them: http://hoy.com.do/un-mundo-adulterado/

A lot of things are counterfit down here. Not that long ago a few the companies who manufacture high quality rum were complaining about the products being copied or mixed with lower quality spirits by distributors.
Not trying to get off topic but they do the same thing over in Asia. Investors (mostly Chinese) by the licensing rights to open stores for popular brands like Puma, Casio, and Adidas then turn around and stock the stores with 99% counterfit knock-off goods. Its not uncommon to walk into a store here in Santiago and see an entire rack full over counterfit shoes. There is obviously a huge difference between the things we wear and the things we put into our bodies. Buyer beware.

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A lot of things are counterfit down here. Not that long ago a few the companies who manufacture high quality rum were complaining about the products being copied or mixed with lower quality spirits by distributors.
Not trying to get off topic but they do the same thing over in Asia. Investors (mostly Chinese) by the licensing rights to open stores for popular brands like Puma, Casio, and Adidas then turn around and stock the stores with 99% counterfit knock-off goods. Its not uncommon to walk into a store here in Santiago and see an entire rack full over counterfit shoes. There is obviously a huge difference between the things we wear and the things we put into our bodies. Buyer beware.

you cannot begin to compare China with anywhere else when it comes to falsification and counterfeiting.