ITBIS: Who can bill, how HAS a bill/receipt (Factura) to look, how NOT?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I agree with you totally Mike. That is why I choose to play by the rules of the DGII. I think and hope the next few years the real estate companies not collecting commisions with an NFC will have problems. Because it is not a level playing field.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So, a bill/receipt like the one I described is essentially BS?

How long does it take a company to obtain the proper RNC and NCF? I got my RNC on my companies at the same time I got the company papers. So, are there companies who can have been formed and not yet have these?

What does a company do as long it has not obtained these, not bill ITBIS or take it in and pocket it, or what?

... J-D.

Exactly what they are doing; pocketing the ITBIS and then on top of that not reporting income to the government.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
........so for the closing of the business year 2009 (which has it's deadline march 31st 2010) there may be the first year with business owners getting really charged for their fraudulent behaviors. and don't forget, tax frauds can be investigated and charged by the gubmin up to 10 years back.

Unless the company took the tax amnesty deal offered in 2007.

Many companies (those that had on the ball accountants) took that option in order to clean their books and avoid being investigated at a future date. The downside is that you better have squeaky clean books as the DGII have their eye on you :)

kkieffer02109

Sep 10, 2005
Follow Up on NCF and ITBIS:

I am due a refund (for late delivery) on a payment for a home I bouhgt in the DR. In order to get that refund the seller is asking that I provide an invoice for the refund amount plus the NCF#. Since this is just a refund of a portion of my purchase price, does this need the ITBIS and NCF?

Thanks for any feedback.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
S.o.s.

I just finished building a 30 houses project in Zona orientale and filling my taxes for the fiscal year. I received the following email from my accountant:

By the way, I finished reviewing the Contractor (ladron) invoices in the DGII website and I noticed that none of these are valid as costs because their NCF was issued without fiscal value. You must ask the Contractor (ladron) to issue new invoices with the same date and fiscal value (comprobantes fiscales v?lidos para costos y gastos).

The problem is I am presently in court with the contractor that rob me of over 1 million pesos and there is no way he is going to collaborate?
What can I do? All the invoices have been paid by checks?
The invoices show all the ITIBIS charges and even have a NCF number, but that apparently is not valid.
Am I going to be left holding the bag one more time here and have to pay the goverment taxes he owes ???
I am desperate here...
How could I had know the invoices this clown was giving me where not valid? HELP!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sew him for fraud, he was using false NCF numbers, that'sax fraud and will hit him hard.
you paid the invoices by checks, so you have the proof of payment with the false numbers on it as reference.
but i am not a legal advisor.
you are in court with him anyways, ask your lawyer what he thinks about that.
i say he did a tax fraud and could get by the balls for that.
good luck
Mike

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
Thanks Mike, I am looking into that!
I still haven't figure out if I am liable to hte goverment or not for these invoices???

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If the contractor collected ITBIS and didn't declare it, he has a serious problem with the DGII. Use that as leverage against him.

If I was you, I would get the advice of "good" accountant that knows the tax system inside out and also the people at the tax department.

e.g Mejia Lora & Asoc. - Dominican Republic, Accountants, audits, taxes - Ask for Raymi