Ivanka and Jared Visit The Amanera

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Seems like they had a fun relaxing time here.
5eaf92fe421fa2f23600e7730915263a.jpg
66a68ad091f386b6dd3db24156d2fe0e.jpg

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
CB...is that Amanera you think you're pricing ??

Wrong... another 'zero'

very spendy - beyond some people's comprehension

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
So DR does not have a bad reputation for sex tourism, human rights violations, gender inequality, racism or any other sordid affairs if Ivanka visits.... !

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I see nothing until October/November and then at $1750 pp/night
They close this time of year for a bit
I don't know what to say. I was on their website yesterday, clearly that property, the website had a dark background. I got the $350pp/pn off it.

I admit to being surprised.

And since I automatically have my cookies and cache cleard every day, I can't find that site now.

Very weird.

It does look amazing.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Nevr been that low... always in that price range

If I told you the drinks were $15....
Meals are stiff $$

not an A-I to my knowledge

A 2-3 month guest checked out -- over $250,000 ..
He tipped $10k at the salon on he way out

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Cobraboy missed the deal of the year! Should had made the reservation when you had the chance. lol

This reminds me of a news article I read a few months ago. Somewhere in Mexico a cashier made a mistake and was charging I think $35 for high definition tvs that were suppose to sell for way more than that. Management was forced to agree to sell the tvs for the mistaken price, but only to customers that already had a tv on hand and limit 1 tv per person (some people wanted to buy up to 10 tvs, if I remember correctly.)

Sometimes you have to take the deals when they appear. Could be the deal of a lifetime. lol

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
So DR does not have a bad reputation for sex tourism, human rights violations, gender inequality, racism or any other sordid affairs if Ivanka visits.... !
¿Por qué siempre tiene que aparecer un acomplejado?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Humorous indeed but is should be noted that Ivanka went to Amanara, and that is not located in Sosua nor Boca Chica which have their unique reputations discussed elsewhere in exquisite detail.
Punta Cana does superbly well with vacationing families.

Aman Resorts like the one in Playa Grande are for the 1%'ers in the world.

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanera

The place is VERY Extremely Highly expensive.

Last edited:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Humorous indeed but is should be noted that Ivanka went to Amanara, and that is not located in Sosua nor Boca Chica which have their unique reputations discussed elsewhere in exquisite detail.
Punta Cana does superbly well with vacationing families.

Aman Resorts like the one in Playa Grande are for the 1%'ers in the world.

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanera

The place is VERY Extremely Highly expensive.

No more expensive than a lot of the villas in Cabrera. Amanera is just the newest flavor of the month.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016

....was just fine for Bill and Hillary............

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It was fine for Elizabeth Taylor too, although she was friends with a few high profile Dominicans (and other Dominicans that are well known in the upper levels of society but otherwise unknown to the average Dominican.) The last time she visited the DR, a few years before dying, she finished her visiting Dominican friends trip with a few nights at the Casa Colonial hotel in Puerto Plata. Her visit was not captured by the international media or even the papparazzis, so I´m sure she truly got to enjoy her trip.

Many famous people visit the DR every year. Most visit without attracting too much attention or none at all. Dominican media tends to publish their visits after the high profile tourist left the country. That´s part of the appeal of a vacation in the DR. They can get away from it all.

I think it was last year that American rapper Jayc and Beyonce were spotted at a nightclub on avenida Venezuela. No mobs surrounded them, people weren´t lining up to take photos with them or get their autograph. People noticed them and for the most part respected their privacy and right to enjoy a night out among themselves. In other countries they wouldn´t be able to move an inch without fans interrupting them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.