Jack Stands

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I am looking to buy vehicle Jack Stands here in Sosua or Puerto Plata.

I have not seen them in the stores.
Yes Price Smart sells them but to join Price Smart and drive to Santiago means it would be cheaper to order them of Amazon and ship in.
Anyone seen them for sale locally?

When will Price Smart open a store on the North Coast - seems like a big enough market.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is doubtful Price Smart will open on the north coast, but you never know.

As for the jack stands, you could try calling around the larger ferreterias, but I don't think I have ever seen them for sale here on the north coast.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

Yes Price Smart sells them but to join Price Smart and drive to Santiago means it would be cheaper to order them of Amazon and ship in.

When will Price Smart open a store on the North Coast - seems like a big enough market.
Stop by Sosua abajo, I've seen a couples welding shops over there.
I am pretty sure they know how make them stronger than the Chinese one you are going to buy.

JJ

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006

Oh come on! POP to STI is a day trip. Go to Pricesmart, buy your jack stands, have a hot dog, and enjoy Santiago for the day.

No, it would not be cheaper than shipping in from Amazon, they are heavy. If you're in the POP or North Coast, Santiago is LOCAL! It's a fun drive ever since they did the touristica.

Come to think of it, I bought mine in Ochoa. Still a drive to Santiago though!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Oh come on! POP to STI is a day trip. Go to Pricesmart, buy your jack stands, have a hot dog, and enjoy Santiago for the day.

No, it would not be cheaper than shipping in from Amazon, they are heavy. If you're in the POP or North Coast, Santiago is LOCAL! It's a fun drive ever since they did the touristica.

Come to think of it, I bought mine in Ochoa. Still a drive to Santiago though!
The traffic in Santiago is not a "fun" drive

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I know that when we need something for the office that is available either in Santo Domingo or Santiago we have paid for it by depositing into the vendor's bank account. The vendor then puts the item on Metro or Caribe for delivery to Puerto Plata. That is how the purchases of growth hormone for Isaida were handled while that project was underway.

Would Ochoa do something similar?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
He didn't like my quotes 🤣 he wants theses...
I got them from Sears when I moved here in the US. Craftsman Creeper included made in America.
In DR I used to have custom made!
JJ

Attachments

• IMG_20221005_110006457.jpg
    IMG_20221005_110006457.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 109
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Can't somebody make them for you ??
I suppose so but the ''ratchet' height adjustment in the center and the metal work would make them more pricey. I really only need them when pulling tires like for a brake job - otherwise I can drive up onto some large rocks in my SUV when I need to check underneath

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
This a heavy duty jack stand 33 K pound, you don't need something so strong but you can have someone in Sosua to build two of this for you.

Attachments

• IMG_20221113_113619225.jpg
    IMG_20221113_113619225.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 73

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I am not sure if still on business but in Santiago on Avenida Circunvalación Ensanche Bermúdez used to be a hydraulic jacks repair shop and they used to manufacture the type of jack stand in my above posting picture.

I made two myself.