Jarabacoa - Car / Taxi

PhillyJames

Jul 6, 2006
Hello...
I've gone down this path before, but...
Wanted to know which is the best option: rent a car at Santiago Airport or take a taxi into Jarabacoa and get taxi or moto when needed. Any opinions?
I have no issues with renting, just want to know if the convenience is worth it? Also, how's parking in town and around the trails / parks? Thanks!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Take a bus to Jarabacoa and then rent from Francis rent a car in Jarabacoa, you'll see the sign on the right as you come into town. It is easy parking almost everywhere except near the town square. The problem is where to put the vehicle at night. Make sure you can lock it up in a fenced area...etc.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Ok, I'll bite...I have rented and traveled the north coast alot and have never had any problems. Of course we leave nothing inside. Since my first trip to Jarabacoa is in MArch and we are taking a taxi there and then plan on renting a car your reply has intrigued me. What then do you do with a rental car?:ermm:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I'm not sure what you mean, but since the locals lock their cars inside garages or compounds, I WOULD SUMISE THAT THEY DO IT FOR A REASON. If you are asking where to go, there are a number of waterfalls, coffeeplantations to visit, mountains to climb, you are only limited by your imagination.