Jarabacoa or Constanza ?

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
btw. delay your trip for a few weeks. Regardless if you go to jarabacoa or constanza. Right now it is pretty ugly there. Rivers are very wild and also some Flood Damage.

Reactions: XTraveller

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Do yourself a favor ...stay away from the river club ......rooms are run down .... showers suck ....wifi sucks ....noisy at weekends ....and DOUBLE the price of jimenoa ,

Reactions: XTraveller

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Do yourself a favor ...stay away from the river club ......rooms are run down .... showers suck ....wifi sucks ....noisy at weekends ....and DOUBLE the price of jimenoa ,
Thanks for confirming what I thought. Also you can not book online directly with River Club, must use third party like Hotel.com or Book.com ECT. I do not like to book with third party. Proper Hotel/Resort should have their own online site for reservation.

Also I just realized that in July I have to renew my residency so will more that likely delay this trip to next year.
I thank all the valuable info from everyone and will reserve early next year. Will also write a thread about my experience.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
After reading all the posts, I figured I would chime in....
I travel to both Jarabacoa and Constanza every week, and have seen pretty much every part of both ciudades....
Jarabacoa is beautiful as is Constanza, but totally different....
Jarabacoa is more Eco-Tourismo driven, with very good places to go.... like the road to Manaboa....beautiful but narrow, but if you know how to drive it's a piece of cake and wonderful scenery (sp) .....white water rafting, horse back riding in the mountains and there is this one guy CobraBoy has a motorcycle tour business....
Constanza is an agricultural based city, although they try to get tourismo, it's nothing like Jarabacoa, but it's so much different than any other part of the country...cool weather, giant mountains surrounding the city and places to go and mountain biking....but only for those that want to sit back and relax in a cool vibrant agriculture city....
If you are looking for night life, eco tourismo then Jarabacoa, if you want to relax amid a very ambiant and warm town Constanza....
Neither is better or worse but both have their very own characteristics.....
My thoughts Not Yours.....
Hammerdown.....

rey

Jan 2, 2007
The roads are paved with occasional rough spots. The fastest and best route to Jarabacoa is exiting the autopista Duarte just north of La Vega. If you exit to Constanza it is a nice drive but slower and longer. You might check out the Jarabacoa River Club, not as nice as the Gran Jimenoa but very beautiful setting, and more for the girl to do.
Mr Bob Or anyone ; what is a safer town as far as crime , Jarabacoa or Constanza ? And why

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Mr Bob Or anyone ; what is a safer town as far as crime , Jarabacoa or Constanza ? And why
I don't know the exact statistics but I would say crime is higher in Jarabacoa, because one the population is slightly larger and more money in circulation, as well as easier and quicker access from other parts of the country. La Vega is closer, and La Vega is filled with criminals.

Reactions: rey and JD Jones

rey

Jan 2, 2007
I don't know the exact statistics but I would say crime is higher in Jarabacoa, because one the population is slightly larger and more money in circulation, as well as easier and quicker access from other parts of the country. La Vega is closer, and La Vega is filled with criminals.
Mr bob I agree … even thought I never being to Constanza common sense tells me if an area is hard to get to and hard to get out then crime by default would be low ….. 3 MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE mr bob.

1- what it’s the most upscale neighborhood in Contanza ? And 2-what it’s the most expensive neighborhood in Contanza and finally 3-what it’s the safest neighborhood in Constanza ?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Mr bob I agree … even thought I never being to Constanza common sense tells me if an area is hard to get to and hard to get out then crime by default would be low ….. 3 MORE QUESTIONS PLEASE mr bob.

1- what it’s the most upscale neighborhood in Contanza ? And 2-what it’s the most expensive neighborhood in Contanza and finally 3-what it’s the safest neighborhood in Constanza ?
no idea on any of those questions.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

It's a small town, Rey.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

For any more questiones please call the local síndico.