Jeepeta robbery and police action in Sabaneta de Congrejo

wendyj

Jul 24, 2006
Its not just jeeps.
My son was working last night in Cabarete and when he went to leave on his Motorcycle (legal) the chain was broken, so he pushed it around the side of Ocean Dream, where everyone knows him, when he came back it was gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a surprise it was in Cabarete Police Station and cost $1500 peso to get back

This place is getting worse!!!!!!!!!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Half the time its because the cases can never go to trial - there is too much information that would become public.

The other half of the time the cops need to show that you have to pay rent to do business in their areas.

Very perspicacious comments, MrMike. I'd be interested in seeing what other crimes these guys get charged with, other than the obvious theft.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
There was an incident with the police and some thieves posing as Moto Conchos yesterday in Sosua at 12 noon. This could be what you heard. Someone lost an eye.

Just watched the video. Watching these gorillas in action reminded me of the Keystone cops. "DR version". What a bunch of idiots. The person who shot the moto concho should be charged with attempted murder.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Thank you for posting the story Lambada. I will contact ch 3 and see how I can contribute to this as well.