JetBlue leads the restart of flights to the Dominican Republic

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Punta-Cana-arrival-first-flight-Listin-Diario-e1593701001209.jpeg

Relief and happiness filled the airports with the return of international arrivals at Las Americas (Santo Domingo), Punta Cana and Cibao (Santiago) international airports this 1 July. The airports had been closed to international traffic since 19 March 2020.

The government authorized the reopening of the six international airports: International (Santo Domingo), Cibao International (Santiago) and Punta Cana International (Punta Cana). An estimated 2,000 persons arrived.

Punta Cana International Airport welcomed its first flight on 1 July. JetBlue was the first to fly in from New York. On board were 99 passengers. The flight landed at 11:29am at the open air terminal of the east coast airport.

On the first day, 346 passengers would arrive from New York, San Juan (Puerto Rico) and Miami.

The president of the Punta Cana International...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Relief and happiness filled the airports with the return of international arrivals at Las Americas (Santo Domingo), Punta Cana and Cibao (Santiago) international airports this 1 July. The airports had been closed to international traffic since 19 March 2020.

The government authorized the reopening of the six international airports: International (Santo Domingo), Cibao International (Santiago) and Punta Cana International (Punta Cana). An estimated 2,000 persons arrived.

Punta Cana International Airport welcomed its first flight on 1 July. JetBlue was the first to fly in from New York. On board were 99 passengers. The flight landed at 11:29am at the open air terminal of the east coast airport.

On the first day, 346 passengers would arrive from New York, San Juan (Puerto Rico) and Miami.

The president of the Punta Cana International Airport, Frank Rainieri, and his wife Haydee Rainieri were there to receive the first passengers. Previously, only repatriation (one-way) flights had been allowed.

As reported, for July, there are flights scheduled from Toronto and Montreal in Canada; Miami, Atlanta, New York, Fort Lauderdale, Dallas, Newark, Boston, Charlotte and Houston in the United States; Zurich and Madrid from Europe.

Las Americas International received 15 flights with foreigners and locals on board. The first flight to arrive to Las Americas was a JetBlue flight from Puerto Rico with 34 passengers. JetBlue had 13 flights yesterday, as reported in Diario Libre. Other reports are of flights from Spirit from Florida, and Air Europe from Madrid.

Cibao International announced the arrival of 11 flights by JetBlue from New York, Boston and New Jersey. For Thursday, 12 JetBlue flights are scheduled.

Monika Infante, chief executive for Aerodom airports, forecast around 120,000 arrivals in July. ] END QUOTE

I don't know if relief and happiness should be the emotions.
Unless money is the only concern of government officials and entrepreneurs, for Dominican citizens.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) statistics

New York cases
Updated 2 Jul at 5:14 PM local
Confirmed
Deaths
Recovered
new york state covid cases

Current Situation in Florida
Positive Residents
Positive Non-Residents
Total Cases
9558 New Cases in FL Residents *
Deaths
10 New Deaths in FL Residents **

United States cases
Confirmed
+9,247
Deaths

Select to view:
Confirmed
Deaths
Daily new cases
2020-02-24

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Unless money is the only concern of government officials and entrepreneurs, for Dominican citizens.

New York cases
Confirmed
Deaths
Recovered

Positive Residents
Positive Non-Residents
Total Cases
Deaths

United States cases
Confirmed
+9,247
Deaths

Select to view:
Confirmed
Deaths
Daily new cases
2020-02-24
Are you the proud bearer of doom and gloom? I think you're in the wrong thread, this isn't the CV19 statistics thread. If you are so concerned (afraid?) of this virus, you are welcome to stay home perhaps your closet. Last I checked free human beings have the right to make their own choices and live with the consequences.

Do you subscribe to Dr Fauci's let's stay close until a vaccine is found philosophy? I doubt that we will have a vaccine within the next two years. What if no vaccine is found? What then? Should we relinquish the right to travel, interact, be free & happy? Should we forfeit life as we know?

It's clear that some will die but the percentage is small. Smaller than the amount of people that died from vehicular accidents, smaller than tuberculosis death and just slightly above the world suicide rate. Why don't we employed the same drastic measures for the above listed deadly conditions. We could ban vehicles. We could tie people down so they don't kill themselves. I don't know what to do about tuberculosis but I'm open to suggestions of infringing people's rights to save the smallest fraction of a percent in total deaths.

Let's just take personal responsibility for our own health, let others do the same. I think everybody has weighed their risks and should be prepared to deal with any consequence. I think most are happy with their choices, or they should be. A life unexplored isn't worth living.

The president of the Punta Cana International Airport, Frank Rainieri, and his wife Haydee Rainieri were there to receive the first passengers. Previously, only repatriation (one-way) flights had been allowed.

As reported, for July, there are flights scheduled from Toronto and Montreal in Canada; Miami, Atlanta, New York, Fort Lauderdale, Dallas, Newark, Boston, Charlotte and Houston in the United States; Zurich and Madrid from Europe.

Las Americas International received 15 flights with foreigners and locals on board. The first flight to arrive to Las Americas was a JetBlue flight from Puerto Rico with 34 passengers. JetBlue had 13 flights yesterday, as reported in Diario Libre. Other reports are of flights from Spirit from Florida, and Air Europe from Madrid.

Cibao International announced the arrival of 11 flights by JetBlue from New York, Boston and New Jersey. For Thursday, 12 JetBlue flights are scheduled.

Monika Infante, chief executive for Aerodom airports, forecast around 120,000 arrivals in July. ] END QUOTE

New York cases
Confirmed
Deaths
Recovered

Positive Residents
Positive Non-Residents
Total Cases
Deaths

United States cases
Confirmed
+9,247
Deaths

Select to view:
Confirmed
Deaths
Daily new cases
2020-02-24

You can stay in hiding with your mask on until hell freezes over, the rest of us are going on with our lives

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Are you the proud bearer of doom and gloom? I think you're in the wrong thread, this isn't the CV19 statistics thread. If you are so concerned (afraid?) of this virus, you are welcome to stay home perhaps your closet. Last I checked free human beings have the right to make their own choices and live with the consequences.

Do you subscribe to Dr Fauci's let's stay close until a vaccine is found philosophy? I doubt that we will have a vaccine within the next two years. What if no vaccine is found? What then? Should we relinquish the right to travel, interact, be free & happy? Should we forfeit life as we know?

It's clear that some will die but the percentage is small. Smaller than the amount of people that died from vehicular accidents, smaller than tuberculosis death and just slightly above the world suicide rate. Why don't we employed the same drastic measures for the above listed deadly conditions. We could ban vehicles. We could tie people down so they don't kill themselves. I don't know what to do about tuberculosis but I'm open to suggestions of infringing people's rights to save the smallest fraction of a percent in total deaths.

Let's just take personal responsibility for our own health, let others do the same. I think everybody has weighed their risks and should be prepared to deal with any consequence. I think most are happy with their choices, or they should be. A life unexplored isn't worth living.
Great post and to the point that many of us relate to. I guess my problem, and maybe it's just me, is, why do I bother debating something that I know is right for me? I can identify those posters here that I will never agree with because the sun, moon and the stars are not aligned with my thinking and theirs. I need to change my style and not waste a lot of time "justifying" my decisions. As you stated "Just take personal responsibility " be confident with that decision and keep your feet moving in the right direction.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

The part of my family who lives in the DR on the North Coast has no choice weighing the risks, other than staying home.
The uncontrolled arrivals of US tourists with cases spiking in the US is a risk factor they did not ask to engage in , of the Dr government.
Why are US travellers barred from entering other countries at this CV19 time?
Infection rates is the answer.

A Munich doctor and her corona warnings

If only the world had listened to this woman

Doctor Camilla Rothe discovered one of the first indications that people without symptoms can transmit the coronavirus. But authorities ignored the observation. With possibly far-reaching consequences.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Traveling at this time IMO is a personal decision, what your comfort level is. While one may not agree with what officials (government, health, etc..) are saying we still need to be mindful of the situation. Taking responsibility for yourself (mask, hand washing, etc...) is also showing respect/responsibility for others. My spouse is going to be traveling back to the DR in a couple of days (after elections). Leaving the house empty this long has him worried. Fortunately for him traveling from NY/NJ area is not as difficult as it would be for me coming from the West Coast. So I will wait a bit longer to see how things play out.

ejl293

May 29, 2012
I understand people saying it is my life and my decision. Problem is it isn't just your life that your decision impacts. Knowing that, it is a tad selfish not to consider the impact you have on others in your decisions. Is it really that hard to wash your hands, wear a mask (I know it is hot), and keep a social distance? You might impact just one other persons life, but in my mind that would be worth the sacrifice.