Job Opportunity in Small Sosua Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
most gringos will not be able to manage Dominican employees, for starters, its not like in Kansas. But, good luck

That is an excellent and very valid point. You could find the perfect North American or English person in every other way, but knowing how to deal with local employees is a totally different ball game and it ain't baseball.

May 29, 2006
Can't PeterInBrat say something nice...or constructive...or shut up?

There's nothing negative about suggesting a flat commission for a kitchen manager's job. If she's just starting up and only doing $100/day in sales(esp in off season), that's $15/day or about what she's offering now. If a new cook can double sales to $200/day(while keeping cost and quality control), it's a bargain to be paying them $30/day and moreover, fair.

Someone on a salary of less 100 pesos an hour has little incentive to grow the business and work harder while someone on commission does. Every notice how the beach folks hassle you when you walk by? It's annoying, but it sure helps sales. That's what working on a commission does.

This may be news to you, but the DR is not renown for its quality of food or speedy service in the restaurant business. A place may be small, but they can still be doing great sales if they have someone who really knows what they're doing. The last food stand I worked at(US) did $700/day just from 11AM to 3PM and we worked under a 10ft square tent. If the OP could generate that kind of revenue at her storefront with just one other person working, I doubt she'd wince about paying them $100/day.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
So here is where I am at since the job post - I have 3 candidates with experience who have contacted me and I will interview when I get back - with the posted compensation. If someone else pops in and is interested I will look at more candidates if you get in touch in the mean time. The salary I mentioned is 15,000RD per/mo., plus tips and there will be additional incentives - but not a cut of overall sales. I am start up and very small right now. It's the best I can do.

I think better to post the opportunity then not =)

Great. They can PM you if interested.

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.