John Paul II is dead. He stopped here

DMAO

Oct 30, 2004
la_barbie said:
Ojcze Kochany co zrobimy bez Ciebie?? Pamietaj ze zawsze byles, jestes i bedziesz w moim sercu.. Brak mi slow, nadal nie dociera do mnie ze Cie nie ma wsr?d nas, dla mnie jestes ciagle zywy.. Wiem ze jest Ci dobrze u Pana Naszego, tylko moje oczy nadal sa wypelnione lzami...Spoczywaj w spokoju Ojcze Kochany, nasz Rodaku wspanialy

brakuje nam sl?w, brakuje gestu i znaku...

z niewyslowionym b?lem Krak?w zegna Ojca Swietego

Pozostanie na zawsze w naszych sercach.

Dziekujemy Ci za wszystko Ojcze Swiety!

:sleep:

online condolence book at www.krakow.pl

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Please translate.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
El Belga said:
As someone else said in another forum "He probably also a role working with aids in Africa".

He was against the use of condom, so I guess thousands of people died from AIDS before JP II did, just to follow his words. I think that saying to people in Africa not to use condoms was criminal. Round 25% of the population is infected wit HIV in Africa.

A small part of the money the catholic church has in Vatican banks would have helped saving them, paying tritherapy and antiretroviral treatments... The ones who make them do not want to sell them at low price to Africa, Asia or Latin America. Of course who cares, they are poor, they are not financially interesting.
Not only the church could help them, I suppose a war in Irak costs more money than the eradication of pendemic diseases, but once again, who cares ?

I am from Polish extraction, and my family is catholic, but I never liked the ideas the church is propagating. I don't care people are catholic, bouddhist, protestants, muslims etc. Everyone has the right to love the god he wants and to think what ever he wants but when I think to all the harm the catholic church did during 2000 years, I wonder if there is god behind this. What could I think from a pope blessing the German cannons during WW2 ?

This is just my opinion, and of course this is sad JP II died. But everyone of us will pass away and there are great people in this forum. Nobody will talk about them on TV when they die. So this is just the death of a 85 years old sick man. He should have resigned years ago, he was not able to assume his job anymore and there were other people taking decisions for him. Remember Reagan ? Do you really think he could have been president of the US the last years before he died (assuming he was he intellectually able when he was in charge...) ?

A very fair comment. Dont worry you wont get beatup by me. I too, as Larry mentioned, am a "non-practicing Catholic who has somewhat strayed away from religion as I have gotten older."

In fairness though, it seems that with any major organization (the Church, government, or large business) there will be some shortcomings. John Paul has done a fair job of sticking to priniciples while promoting humanity throughout the world.
TEHAMA

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
I just returned tonight from Mexico and I was there, in the city of Oaxaca, when I learned about the Pope's death. I was having coffee with some friends in the main plaza and as I walked by a giant tv screen, I caught the anouncement. Inmediately, I returned to my table and informed my friends and others present about the Pope's passing. I had hardly finished my sentence when all of the city's church bells rung in mourning. We then went to the Cathedral where many were already gathering. A team from TV Azteca network was also there and requested my opinion. The truth is that I, like millions of others, was really saddened by his death, although I knew that it also meant an end to his suffering. He will be truly missed and mourned by millions of people the world over. People of many nationalities, colors and social classes were touched by his message. He was always on the side of justice and was a great world leader, besides being the leader of the Catholic Church, the Universal Church, as its name truly means. But the Pope also believed in the validity of other faiths. You did not have to have been born Catholic to admire the man. May God keep him closer to Him now than he ever was when he was still among the "living". As a Cuban, I truly appreciate his visit to the island and the words of comfort and hope he delivered then. A great man. There is no doubt about it!