Jose DeLeon died Sunday, 25 Feb

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
He was only 63. I was surprised to learn that. He was a native of La Vega.

https://thespun.com/more/mlb/former-nl-strikeouts-leader-reportedly-dead-at-63

A longtime Major League Baseball pitcher and NL strikeouts leader has reportedly died on Sunday.
Longtime MLB starting pitcher Jose DeLeon has reportedly died at 63 years old.
MLB insider Hector Gomez shared the tragic news on social media. DeLeon reportedly died following a battle with cancer.

"Former MLB pitcher José De León died at the age of 63 due to cancer. De León played 13 seasons in MLB (1983-2005): 86-119, 3.76 ERA, 1,594 SO in 1,897.1 IP, 1.26 WHIP. He led the National League in strikeouts in 1989 with 201. He played for the Pirates, White Sox, Cardinals, Phillies and Expos. Rest in peace," he tweeted on Sunday.

DeLeon played for the Pirates, White Sox, Cardinals, Phillies and Expos over the course of his career. He led the National League in strikeouts in 1989.

The longtime MLB starting pitcher had an 86–119 record in 415 appearances over the course of his career.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I was so sad when I saw this yesterday. A mutual friend of ours contacted me to tell me the news. He helped me when I first moved here. I met him in a colmado in the Colonial Zone when I was a tourist in 1999. I had no clue who he was.

After I tried to grocery shop and returned home with hardly any food he and his wife stopped to visit me and I was crying, so frustrated. The next day he came and took me to the store and explained lots of things to me. A few things I remember, the difference between a plátano and a banana and that I had to get an empty bottelon to call the colmado to deliver and change the empty bottle for a full one. I sadly lost touch with him and his wife over the years.