Just finished pig...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
640_DSC_3691.JPG

that's a Foto of my very first ever "Archie",
myself is that good looking smart young German 2nd from the right, yes, the Foto is a FEW years ole lol.
my younger Bro and Sisters been told Archie run away after Granny accidentally left the garden door open,
i love that silence of those Lambs, he he.
i can not count how many big German Rabbits and Doves and Turkeys and Chicken, Lambs and Gooses and ..... ""escaped"" through that door due Granny's fault or been ''stolen by the bad bad neighbour's Cat'', even that poor Kittie which they of course hated, did sure not have the power to hunt down and drag away 12-15lbs German Rabbits, lol.
i loved them all,
specially with Mom's secret sauce recipes.
ven aca, Archie
Mike

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Errrrrrrrrrrrrr, nothing here that has a name gets eaten...... Archie will be here to the end of his 'natural' days!

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I can sure attest to the tastiness of Whirley's little piggy?s. We have had quite a few now around Rocky's and let me tell you that no one... NO ONE ever has a bad thing to say about the quality of the feast. Thank you Shirley for offering the best pork I have ever tasted. All this talk about piggy?s is making me hungry. Is it time yet for another pig roast? LOL

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Errrrrrrrrrrrrr, nothing here that has a name gets eaten...... Archie will be here to the end of his 'natural' days!

And thats why all of mine when the kids were in 4H had names such as
Dinners _ Rabbits
T-Bone - Steer
Fryers - chickens
Hamburger - withered goats.
Ham Hocks - hogs

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I am fascinated at how these pigs are prepared. How are they slaughtered? Do they rest before they are marinated? How long? Does the party start from the time of slaughter to the eating? Sorry, but the videos and photos are wonderful!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am fascinated at how these pigs are prepared. How are they slaughtered? Do they rest before they are marinated? How long? Does the party start from the time of slaughter to the eating? Sorry, but the videos and photos are wonderful!

It would be a very long and tedious party if it began at the time of the initial slaughter as the full preparation and cooking time can be anything up to 24 hours dependent upon the size of the actual piggy.

I would not wish to offend by detailing exactly how the animals are killed on this public forum but you are welcome to PM me if you really 'need to know'. The total cleaning time is probably 2/ 3 hours prior to the applying of the marinade, both inside and out, which is then left to flavour the meat overnight.

Again, dependent upon size of piggy, the long slow cooking over the fire can range from 4 - 10 or more hours. The perfectly bbq'd piggy should have crispy outside skin with the meat thoroughly cooked whilst still retaining its moistness.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Yummm! I am going to arrange a roasted pig party and get you to prepare the piggy for us.