Just got robbed by Police...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
What I can't figure, is you gave them your wallet????????? pretty stupid in your case, if they ask for ID, you show ID, not give up your wallet......Can't figure if this is real or not, just by that statement...........

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
If try only got 3100 pesos and your knife and no documents, if leave it like this. You were robbed, maybe by cops, maybe by imposters, I wouldn't create a problem for 3100 pesos.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if embassy advised to go to the police - go. theft reports are in the back and not main building (at least that was the case when we went to report theft of a meter few months ago). don't be rude or demanding. state the facts.

also, the liberties you came here for apply to everyone else too. and this is a country when you are judged by appearances. people will clock you for the hair. make sure you show something that will balance it. always be polite but firm. do not demand respect, command respect. you mentioned being trained. are you an army/police man? bring it out in a conversation with cops.

good luck and let us know how it went.

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014
You know they don't really like us right

What I can't figure, is you gave them your wallet????????? pretty stupid in your case, if they ask for ID, you show ID, not give up your wallet......Can't figure if this is real or not, just by that statement...........

I gave them nothing. One took my keys and the other stood between me and my scooter and searched me. Like I said, I initially got the feeling that they were there to steal my scooter. Why is it that people try and find fault with the victim. Like hey you shoudl have done this or why did you do that. I didn;t want to escalate the situation. I'm a single person in a foreign country that has absolutely no accountability on any level. So I try to stay under the radar. What was I supposed to do. Yell, scream, It's not like Dominicans help you or even each other in these instances.

Why cant we be supportive of each other.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I gave them nothing. One took my keys and the other stood between me and my scooter and searched me. Like I said, I initially got the feeling that they were there to steal my scooter. Why is it that people try and find fault with the victim. Like hey you shoudl have done this or why did you do that. I didn;t want to escalate the situation. I'm a single person in a foreign country that has absolutely no accountability on any level. So I try to stay under the radar. What was I supposed to do. Yell, scream, It's not like Dominicans help you or even each other in these instances.

Why cant we be supportive of each other.

I agree, have you contacted the embassy yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.