Just hire a Haitian...

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Haitians rock when it comes to digging holes.
I would recommend them over a mechanical solution any day of the week.

Glad to read that!!
I asked my Haitian maestro if he wanted to rent a friend's small back-hoe to dig a 12 X 12 swimming pool for our new apartment and he assured me, "No, we dig it by hand--no problem!"
Since he and his mostly Haitian crew did an amazing job building the apartment (and I WILL post pictures of the apartment some day... :)), I'm sure they'll do a great job with this project, too!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Glad to read that!!
I asked my Haitian maestro if he wanted to rent a friend's small back-hoe to dig a 12 X 12 swimming pool for our new apartment and he assured me, "No, we dig it by hand--no problem!"
Since he and his mostly Haitian crew did an amazing job building the apartment (and I WILL post pictures of the apartment some day... :)), I'm sure they'll do a great job with this project, too!

Agreed,

But it's a whole dif ballgame when they get to the USA,

They KILL.....(meaning GOOD....KICK ASS) Dominicans, as far as advancing, and moving forward LEGALLY...............IT MUST HURT,

BUT IT'S THE TRUTH...

How come no one wants to go there?????????

I feel like RACERX

But I know .....deep down, I could not hold his jockstrap,,,,,,Hey, I'm being honest.......

I miss him......

Agreed......(without generalizing tooo much)

Every Haitian I know in the USA, is either going to school to get an advanced degree.....(or already has one)

Is working two or three jobs, or are working in the health care field, funny how that works....

No wonder why Dominicans can't stand em......

Up and coming landscapers?? Def NOT Haitian......

I will not speak about hatred, because not everybody here hates Haitians. I will say one thing, most Haitians I know in Canada have at least one graduate diploma. I know a generation of great minds coming from Haiti.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
i will not speak about hatred, because not everybody here hates haitians. I will say one thing, most haitians i know in canada have at least one graduate diploma. I know a generation of great minds coming from haiti.

Agreed!!!!!!!

Dominicans HATE THIS..........

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I will not speak about hatred, because not everybody here hates Haitians. I will say one thing, most Haitians I know in Canada have at least one graduate diploma. I know a generation of great minds coming from Haiti.

And that is one of the problems that faces Haiti and to a lesser extent the DR - "brain drain". I hope that many of these great minds you know will someday be able to return and positively contribute to their country. How sad that there might be permenant loss of their abilities to Haiti.