Just out of curiosity, why DR and why not PR?

Amilda/Expat

Jan 22, 2002
PR and DR

This is Amilda again?
I have been here for a long time. Dominican Republic is not as safe as it use to be. In the past I would feel safe walking anywhere; however that is no longer the case. The difference between here and PR is the awareness factor. While people are up to date with the crime in PR, because the news media is better developed, in the DR most don?t really know what?s going on. This of course leads to many people who are vulnerable because they are unprepared.

Now in relation to renting, I don?t think that Juan is aware of some of the prices that you can find here. You can easily pay for a 3 bedrooms, 3 bath, apartment ? in very good conditions from US $2,500.00 to US $5,000. Some with swimming pools, tennis courts, etc. Again you can also get very inexpensive properties with 3 bed 2 baths running in the $10,000 pesos, but with out generator(which would be a huge problem to be without considering electricity comes and goes as it pleases), elevator etc, etc.
This is something you will never find in San Juan. Their properties are not in need of generators because the electricity works fine there. Every body pays for what they get!

Amilda

JAMIE

Jun 10, 2002
DR? PR? The U.S?

You want to be a rich people in a poor country? Or, You want to be a regular people in a rich country? (well, I am not saying you won't be a rich people in a rich country though, don't get me wrong.)

For sure, the vaule of the money spent in here can get more intrinsic value than what the equivalent value which you could have obtained in the US.

This simple questions will give people the direction of thinking where to stay if it is possible, therefere, You or I, can make your/my selection where to saty among the others reasons have been discussed.