Just watched sankie panky movie.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I am very much looking forward to not watching this movie, so far it's going great.

It's not so much that I can't stand going to Dominican theaters and standing in a non-line (read mob) for tickets, hearing all the comments and cell phone calls , though that does play a part - mainly I'm just ****ed somebody made a sankie movie before I did.

Now when I make mine they're gonna think I was ripping these other people off.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I watched the movie over the weekend and found it mildly entertaining. The most annoying thing of the whole experience was the people in the movie theater. They were not only loud, but they had to comment on every single "dumb" thing the actors where doing.

Sheesh!
I watched the Bridget Jones movie in Haiti and the audience reaction was even worse. They whooped, commented and laughed at every tiny detail. It was like being with a theatre full of Beavis and Buttheads, only louder.

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
i went to see panky movie,, it was funny at times.. i understand spanish but ghetto dominic jokes sometimes i could not understand their meaning. And i think the movie was too light portraying life of a sanky..... i thought sankies/sankiettes were more hard core as opposed to the way it was depicted in movie (more emotional, caring).

C

Chip00

the wife finally convinced me to see the Sanky Panky movie and it was surprisingly enterntaining with a somewhat positive message at the end.

Also, I was surprised at how much I understood and what I didn't the wife helped me on.

And...what they say about Mocans is still very true - I suspect this one was born on Saturday:)

wight-boy

Nov 6, 2003
I watched this over the weekend in the capital with some Dominican friends of mine, courtesy of some pirates that had stolen the movie during post production. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

I personally thought it was hilarious due to my experiences of living and working around the North Coast, I personally thought it's representation of the situation was fairly accurate. At the end of the day it's a comedy not a documentary, if it was true to life there'd be not much more than sex, sunbathing and money transfers. Some jokes I didn't understand, and even after they were explained to me I didn't understand, I actually thought it was less country specific that most BritComs, or some of the dodgy French cinema I enjoy. But on the whole I was laughing out loud through most of it.

7/10 from me, easy to find a copy floating around in the capital at the mo, not sure about other areas. Those who don't speak much Spanish will struggle to enjoy it I feel.

chicken daaaaaaay! ;) :laugh: