Justice? What justice?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Happy?
All right, everybody has an individual threshold of how much one is able to put up with.
I suppose certain people are not in 'paradise' very voluntarily and so thei tolerance needs to be high... :tired:
(Remeber the mafioso taxi driver in Santiago?)

No I'm sorry, I didn't read about that (don't have time to read everything!). But if you would like me to do so, then please provide the link.

Yes, happy. Content with my life, my partner, my animal companions, my friends & how I spend my time. Living here in DR totally voluntarily and well funded enough to be able to fly anywhere I choose at the drop of a hat & set up a new life and live it for as long as I'm allowed. So living here really is by choice.

And maybe because I put effort into the things within my power to change, I work through proxies for the things I'd like to change but wouldn't be around for long if I tried, and I know full well the things I'll never change.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
While I'm at it, does anybody else think it's strange that a guy that supposedly stole 170 million would be working as a taxi driver in Santo Domingo???????

What's wrong with this picture?

That had me scratching my head. From the Diario Libre article it sounds as if he was run out of Italy by his own gang.

He must have overlooked opening offshore accounts. :ermm:

From capo di tutti capi or at least a buncha bruti to DR taxi driver..........

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I had an employee who left a door unlocked one evening at work when we were closing.

He came back a couple of hours later, entered through the door, broke a window to get into my office(inside the building) and stole a very large amount of money. He was observed by 6-7 security guards, 4 of which KNOW him.

I called the police the next day, and gave them copies of the guys cedula and curriculum, and expected to be told a couple of days later that he was arrested.

Nope!

The police chief told me that they know who he is, and that they are waiting for the "right time" to arrest him.

Also, if I wanted, if I paid them a few thousand pesos, they would bring him in and teach him a "lesson", but then, he may sue me for false arrest.

Some times you have to accept and move on, or you'll go nuts.

You could save yourself some money by firing all security, or then it would be a free-for-all?